chapter 15

When lunch came I was the first at our side of the table. Some of the jocks grinned and winked at me. Used to it. And a few girls said 'hi' and gave me hugs. This really is all natural.

I bought myself a strawberry smoothie and 3 slices of pizza along with a bowl of chocolate, caramel and nut ice cream. If anyone had anything to say about how much I eat, I'll just eat them too. Simple. Plus I was kinda emotional right now.

I took out my phone and played angry birds till one of the chairs scraped back. I looked up and saw it was Sam.

He smirked at me, "so, what is a fine lady like you doing in a place like this?" I laughed and said,

"You mean the school cafeteria? It might surprise you, but I come here every day 5 days a week."

He chuckled and eyed my food, "you sure eat a lot, how do you stay so thin?"

I rolled my eyes and gave him a pointed stare, "Since you're not a Calvin Klein model, don't expect all girls to be Victoria's Secret Angels."

Someone laughed behind me and I saw it was Emma and the rest of everyone.

"You got burned, Sam. I'm glad someone knows how to shut you up." That was Adam and we all gave nods and laughs of agreement.

"It didn't even burn that much." Sam mumbled under his breath.

What I noticed, was that Ashton wasn't alone. Tasha was sitting happily on his lap. I'm used to this, everytime he gets a new girl this happens, but I couldn't stop the pang in my heart.

Ashton whispered something in her ear which caused her to blush and giggle.

Emma caught me staring and gave me a questioning look. I just shook my head and whispered, "Poor Tasha." Then I forced a fake laugh. She understood and nodded her head as well.

"So everyone, what are you all doing this weekend?" Adam asked.

We all thought for a bit but no one was busy.

"I thought that our group here, could come stay at my parents' lake house. It's a bit far from here, but it's really cool."

Excited cheers ran through the table. I would have to tell Troy...but I'm also excited.

Emma spoke up, "omg, that means I get to buy a whole new set of clothes that match where we're going!" She said excitedly.

I smiled. Typical Emma.

"And while you're shopping, you can take Blake to get a new bikini, make sure it's one with strings. And my favourite colour is green, ok?"

He earned a few slaps and swear words from the table. I just laughed. I caught Ashton glaring at him with his jaw clenched.

I secretly hoped he was jealous.

Later that night after giving myself a pep talk, I called Troy. He immediately picked up.

"Hey Blake!" He said happily.

"Hi Troy, I was wondering, is there a gang meeting this Friday?"

"No, why?" I sighed relieved.

"I just wanted to tell you, incase you needed me, I'll be going away this weekend."

"Oh are you now? Where to if I may ask?"

"Adam, you know the pizza guy, he invited the whole group to his lake house this weekend."

"Sounds fun, but wait...will Ashton be there?"

Should I lie? no, he'll probably find out later on.

"Yeah, but before you freak out! I made it clear that I didn't want to hang out anymore plus he has a girl who's coming as well."