chapter 11

This Tuesday morning was one of many...normal mornings.

I know you'd like to hear something more interesting, but I'm tired of talking about the constant fear I have that Ashton will know everything.

So, right now I'm driving to school, whilst trying to forget last night's happenings. In the back of my car I have Ashton's jacket neatly folded on the seat.

My bruise didn't even take that long to heal, I mean, you could still see a blueish mark, but that's about it.

At school, Riley waited for me at the front. She waved me over, then briefly hugged me.

"Hey, how ar- Woah! What happened to your face?" She brought my head closet to examine it.

"Last night I slipped and hit my head on the table, no biggy." I shrugged using the lie I had prepared.

"Typical, of course you would." She laughed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked while acting offenders.

"Nothing, come on, I want to get to a vending machine." She pulled me inside.

"Why?" I asked and greeted a few people.

"Yesterday, the janitor caught me trying to override the thing so I could get a free chocolate, so they banned me from it." She explained then grinned.

I knotted my eyebrows, "so again, why are we going to one?"

"To show them I don't give a damn."

I chuckled at that.

Long story short, Riley was caught again and got a week of detention. She didn't really care because she got to spend every afternoon with Grey.

And now, again, I sat in my seat in History, waiting for the teacher to come. I was leaning back on my chair with my feet resting on Ashton's chair.

I closed my eyes and hummed a soft lullaby that my dad used to sing to me, don't know why.

-momma's gonna buy you a billy goat

"Nice song."

My eyes jerked open and were met with Ashton's torso. I blushed and look into his eyes.

"What do you want?" I
sighed.

"Your feet are on my chair." He said amused. I realised but covered up my embarrassment with a roll of my eyes.

I took off my feet and he sat down. When the teacher walked in he just told us to continue with our project.

I faced Ashton, "so, any ideas?" I asked lazily.

"The Labyrinth."

I choked on my spit and got caught in a violent cough. I was breathing heavily as well.

Oh god, he remembers! Shit.

"Blake! Are...are you alright?" He looked at me with concern.

"How, how did you remember?" I whispered and looked around at the kids who were now staring.

I tried to calm down my heartbeat.

He grinned, "You know, I actually care about good grades, of course I would remember to search for topics."

I squinted my eyes. "You..you searched some topics of Greek legends?" I said and waited for him to respond.

"Yeah, so do you know the story?"

"Uh huh. Really well." I nodded slowly and looked down at my clenched fists. He...doesn't know. He doesn't remember. Gosh, I almost died!

"Cool, so I was thinking that I could talk about the minataur, and you can talk about the actual legend. Sound good?" He asked and smiled.