Chapter 20-The Argument

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 20-The Argument

Jack Donnahue's POV

All I could feel was the sinking feeling in my stomach as I stared at the direction she had gone.

What the fuck just happened? Had I just lost Emma? Panic rose in my chest and I felt like I was going to be sick. I had the brief sensation of bile rising up my throat. How could everything crumble around me that quickly? Hadn't I taken precautions when I told her that I knew what she was hiding? Heck I even planned what to say! I had a script and everything!

Now?

My sister-in-law had ruined everything. Now Emma could probably be thinking that I was using her or something equally horrible as that. Clenching my fist, the only thought running through my head was that Strider would officially be a widower. As of now. And that I had to fix somehow.

I had to.

"What the fuck was that?" I demanded harshly as I got to my feet and faced Isadora. I resisted the urge to wring her neck. But the fact that she was pregnant was a dead no.

"She was using you Jack! Don't be an idiot and be led around by your cock! She was just using you to get famous again after all these years! Tell me honestly you haven't thought about that at least once!"

I could feel myself flushing slightly because Isadora was right. Back when I first found out about Emma, the thought of her trying to use me for my fame did enter my mind. And I was ashamed because I knew Emma wasn't the sort to do that to people.

"You did didn't you? I can see it all over your face," she pointed out smugly with a hint of distaste in her tone.

Right now, I was very aware that everyone was watching and listening to get a clue on whats happening. And I was also very aware that my brother, Strider was approaching with a wary expression on his stern face. It was definitely due to the fact that I was on the verge of screaming at his - very - pregnant wife.

"That's not the point. It wasn't your place to say that and it wasn't any of your business! I knew all about it and I was waiting for her to tell me in her own time because it was her secret - not yours, so why the fuck did you think you had any right?" I sneered and glared down at her.

Isadora scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest, "What makes you so fucking sure she would tell you? To her, you may just seem like a tool. A tool for her to get back into Hollywood society!"

I snorted, "You don't know her like I do! Emma isn't the kind of person who would do that!"

Isadora got to her feet and tilted her chin defiantly, "How well do you even know her? About three to four months! That's not even enough time to say that you know someone well!"

"If my girlfriend is really an attention whore like you claim she is, she would have told the press months ago! That shows what you know; absolutely fucking nothing! Also, none of this isn't any of your business in the first place. And yes, I knew about it since approximately three weeks ago," I shot back and I could feel my hands clenching into fists.

Was this how rage felt like? I hadn't felt this upset before in my life. Sure I had gotten angry and yes, I had been furious. But I've never felt this much anger coursing through my veins before. In my opinion, I wouldn't even classify this as anger, it was much much more than that.

Isadora remained silent, her shoulders heaving and I could see that her eyes were blazing in anger. "You're too trusting Jack, it's like you never grew up! You're like a child!"