Chapter 18-The Discussions

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 18-The Discussions 

Jack Donnahue's POV

I frowned at the offending swatch colour that Daniella was holding below my face before complaining again, "I don't see why I have to follow your dress code for ties! Why can't I wear what I want?"

Gwennie who was sitting on the couch while I was standing in front of her as Daniella placed another swatch below my neck sniffed disdainfully, "Because Jack, I know you well. You're bound to mess something up, be it dress code or behavioural wise. And since I can't control your behaviour, I'll take charge of your suit on that day!"

I sulked and Gwennie screeched, "No! Not red! Jack doesn't look good in red!"

"Excuse me?" I started, offended before crossing my arms, "I look good in any colour. Right Emma?" I directed my last statement to my girlfriend to see that she wasn't paying me any attention.

"Sorry what?" she questioned as she looked up from her phone. "I look good in any colour right?" I stressed and gave her a beseeching look, practically begging her to agree with me. "Well," she paused before she glanced at my sister who was staring at her defiantly as if she was daring my girlfriend to disagree with her.

"Actually, I don't know. I'm not someone in the fashion industry like Gwendolyn who knows all this stuff. Jack you should listen to your sister, its her wedding after all." Emma explained smoothly and again, I admired her skill in placating both Gwennie and I at the same time.

Gwennie beamed and shot me a smug smirk, "Thank you Emma! There you go Jack. Now shut up so I can find an appropriate colour for you."

All I could do was roll my eyes and remain silent while glaring sullenly at the ground as Gwennie continued deciding with Daniella what colour suited me best.

As I stood there, bored out of my mind, my gaze wandered over to Emma who was watching Ella play with my niece nephews. Currently, we were at my house seeing helping Gwennie in preparing for her wedding with Zach. It was a little ridiculous that Zach wasn't around see that he was in another state for some historical convention or something like that. Hence, it was everyone in my family plus Emma who was here.

Right now, Isadora was calling the florist while Strider hovered nearby due to her reaching full-term, Daniella was helping Gwennie decide the colour ties for all of her brothers, Cameron was off calling the caterers and the hotel venues and Emmett was watching over the children.

"Alright, Jack you can go with Emma to help with the invitations," Gwennie ordered as she gestured towards the stack of pristine white envelopes with blue ribbons on the table.

"You're kidding right," I said flatly and Gwennie glared back at me in response and I grumbled under my breath before heading towards the table with Emma already there.

"You should lighten up, it's your sister's wedding to my best friend, I might add."

I sighed and watched Emma take a ribbon before tying it on the flap of the envelope before deciding to do the same lest Gwennie started screaming at me. "Yeah, I know. But just think of what we could be doing now if we didn't have all this stuff to do."

Emma snorted a little before her eyes met mine with amusement, "Sure, I'll be at the museum working. And speaking of work, why don't you have any movies to act in or something like that?"

I shrugged and furrowed my brows as I tried to replicate the perfect bow that Emma had done on the envelope before giving up. "I have one upcoming, filming starts in September."