Chapter 11-The Movie Marathon I

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 11-The Movie Marathon I 

Jack Donnahue's POV

I shifted around in my seat before taking steady breaths and hauled the bag of romantic comedy films out of the car and headed towards Emma's home.

It was our planned movie marathon and well we had agreed to take turns watching the different genre of movies. I was a little wary about that, Emma favoured movies that had the thriller genre and I knew that included horror movies. I wasn't scared of them, I just wasn't a fan.

But hey, if I watched those, Emma would have no choice but to watch the ones I brought. And I brought quite a few that I thought she may like.

Pulling my cap over my head more and adjusted my sunglasses, I knocked on the door before waiting. Emma only agreed to let me come over when Ella was asleep which was about nine. Tapping my foot impatiently, the door finally opened and Emma sighed as she spotted the bag containing the rom-coms.

"You were serious weren't you?" She pressed her lips into a thin line and I gave her a lopsided grin. "Of course. I've got some that I think you would like." I took off my sunglasses and shoved them into the bag along with my cap.

Sighing heavily, Emma rolled her eyes before opening the door wider so that I could enter. "I was really hoping you would forget. But, I've got my favourites too." She shot me a sly grin and I swallowed harshly.

"Great. Let's start. Ella's asleep right?" I hastily questioned as I warily eyed the stack of horror films on the coffee table. Emma nodded her head and wandered into the kitchen and brought out a bowl of popcorn and some drinks before settling onto the couch. "Yeah she is."

I eyed her cautiously as she picked up a horror film and got ready to slide it into the DVD player. "Why don't we watch one of mine first to start?"

Emma shot me an amused glance and I expected her to start teasing me but she didn't. "Alright. Go ahead and pop it in." She gestured and inwardly, I breathed out a sigh of relief and slid the disk in.

"The Proposal?" Emma read the title out skeptically. "It's good." I flashed her a charming grin and she shrugged before tucking her feet under her as she pressed the play button. "If you say so." She muttered under her breath and ran her fingers through her hair.

"It is!" I insisted and soon the movie started playing. Sitting on the couch, my eyes studied Emma's house more carefully. It was pretty normal and sophisticated looking, the walls were painted in warm tones and the colour scheme was something that suited her personality.

However, evidence of a child living here was obvious due to some misplaced toys and crayons, along with children sized shoes. Emma's home was pretty large, I could see a dining room, along with five doors down the hallway and more above. Vaguely, I wondered about what her bedroom looked like.

Studying Emma from the corner of my eyes, I hadn't taken in her appearance yet and I realised she was dressed in black leggings and an oversized long sleeved shirt. Her dark hair was left as it is and fell down her shoulders. And the expression on her face as she watched the starting of the movie was one of slight curiously and skepticism.

Well, I was confident that she would enjoy it. How could anyone not like it? I grabbed some popcorn and chewed on it while studying her from the corner of my eyes. It was safe to say that throughout the entire movie, I was paying more attention towards the expressions on Emma's face than the movie itself.

In my defence, I had watched this film many times with Gwennie and with my sisters-in-law. Hence, I could say that I knew the film extremely well.

Throughout the movie, the expressions ranging across Emma's face was mostly frowns and confusion and narrowed gazes. She didn't even laugh at the funny parts while I, who have watched this film so many times, laughed. How could she not find it funny? I found it funny? I was speechless.