You're an idiot but I'm thankful

Nami's P.O.V.

I smile up at him, I was overjoyed and grateful for what he's done but, part of me still wondered what he was planning. There had to be something behind this...though what? His breathtaking smile is what snaps me from my train of thought and I glare, mostly towards myself.

He's looking out into the sea, grey eyes filled with an emotion I haven't seen in such a long time, happiness. He was happy...why? Was it being in an ocean where we could feel free or something more. Though, that smile. His smiles radiating, I wonder why he never shows it. Perhaps it's his father... perhaps it's more but in this moment I can't help but to smile with him.

"I didn't think it was possible..." He suddenly murmured and I snapped from his beauty to listen.

"Despite such an absolutely magnificent sight. The sun sparkling like Crystal's upon the waves, the air crisp and refreshing...the sun slowly melting into the sky, emerging to a painting even I can't grasp but in the end...you still remain far more beautiful than anything here. I'm starting to think you're not playing fair. It's hard not to fall into a trap such as you."

Now, most girls would be all over him by now practically begging for a ring and family from him.... I'm not one of those girls. Sure, what he said was beyond flattering and I am a blushing mess from it but, he doesn't have to try to hard to get me to slowly fall faster.

I begin to laugh, much to my own surprise as well as his. "Kyo...you don't have to try so hard.."

He let's out a breath and recollects himself and it's back to his familiar façade. "Good because that was hell to conquer up but...you are beautiful Nami."

I chuckle and walk over, wrapping my arms around his neck. "So...you still remembered my favorite hide away spot, despite our fight or the time you stepped on an urchin or tripped over that rock and fell right over the edge of the skull cliff?"

He looks annoyed at all the old memories here but smiles none the less. "It's your birthday. I needed to celebrate it somehow. Besides, your father told me that you never came here anymore..."

I attempt to stand on my tip toes to reach him but slip and instead we both plummet into the water below.

Kyoya's P.O.V.

I'm engulfed by the ocean once more and l can't help but laugh when we emerge. She's laughing with me and for once, I feel like my façade doesn't exist.

For years, I've held onto this mask with my life, I couldn't let people see the real me. Broken. After the fight, I was broken mentally and no matter how many times or endless night's, I'd stay up and swear I'd be fine...In the end I was still filled with self hate and blamed myself for everything. So, in fear of weakness, I built up a wall and enclosed myself. I said a vow to never let myself snap from this façade and a prayer that I could overcome that deep feeling residing in me, plunging me into a void I couldn't escape. A feeling that consumed my mind and whole being all while leaving me here to try and fake the happiness.

Today, today a savor came and her smile and laugh broke my walls but also saved me from my void. She built a wall between us, one where I could be me without having to fear if I was showing to much emotion.

"Kyo... KYOYA!" I snap from... whatever that was and notice her with a slight concerned expression. "You alive? Had me worried there, glasses."

I nod and chuckle softly. "It seems I had been in deep thought... Anyways you're quite amusing."

She raises an eyebrow at me and crosses her arms. "Kyo? Are you sure you're okay? You are in deep thought now you're saying I'm amusing?"

I nodded and looked out at the ocean. "I mean... you're carefree and somehow even make me have...fun."

"That's an intriguing notion in its own sense." She says with a smirk and I can't help but chuckle.

"Fan of my quotes now?"

She takes a step towards me. "I may find my fiancé witty every now and then."

I smile at those words, a genuine smile. I knew so very well that she had found out about my feelings for her. I understood why she was so hesitant but the smiles and every one in a while kisses are all I need to have faith.

"You truly are a beauty..."

She rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around my neck. "You're an idiot but I'm thankful..."