XII. Expect the Unexpected

Kaelynn Robinson

Life in the past few weeks had been hella stressful for me. Thank God for my sister Simone and Michael for helping me every step of the way.

I was out the hospital, back at home doing nothing but being a bitch and eating.

We still had Mikell and his mother, Shanelle hadn't called one time to check on him. That shows what type of "mother" she is.

In the hospital, I found out the sex of the other baby in my belly. A BOY! So it was official, I was having two twin boys. I was hoping they were going to be fraternal.

Michael was bummed about not having a girl, but he got over it. He insisted we were going to try it again.

My cousin, Caleb had finally gotten out of jail. He needed a place to bunk until he got back on his feet, so we let him stay with us.

Trell, Heather, Simone, Roman, Cole, and Miguel had been over helping Michael and Caleb with the babies' room.

It was downstairs next to the room we had been sleeping in since I wouldn't be walking up and down the stairs for awhile.

I knew that Cole had a little thing for Simone, but Simone didn't have a tad bit of interest for that nigga. She was being downright mean and rude.

I didn't understand why she was being that way, but if she wanted to tell me, she would have.

Roman was really chill and respectable to me. He was a really good basketball player and spent time playing ball with Michael.

On the other side of my life, my parents contacted me. They claimed they didn't want to come to the hospital because they knew I was very upset with them. They wanted me to come over for Thanksgiving, but I didn't think I was. Mama PJ wanted us all over to eat at her house.

Kailani talked to me almost everyday "checking" up on me. Truth is, I didn't want to talk to her either.

Me and Michael were doing perfect. He was starting to straightened up, which was no surprise to me. I was now 7 months and expecting to have the boys in January.

That's three bad ass boys running around the house. Hopefully I was having a girl on down the line.

"Caeden and Jayden?"

Michael: Jordan and Justin?

"Elijah and Isaiah?"

Michael: Caeden and Isaiah?

"Caeden and Isaiah... That's perfect baby."

Michael: I know.

"I'm so ready to push these babies out."

Michael: I'm ready to see them.

"I just wanna get them outtttt!"

Michael: Three boys...

"...That's gone be just like their father! Hard-headed! Lawd, I'm not ready for this."

Michael: Nah, they gone listen. They not finna disrespect their mother.

"They bet not, or I'm whooping ass."

Michael: I wish we could have had a girl.

"Maybe next time."

Michael: So it is gone be a next time?

"Duh."

Michael: Aw, okay.

He smiled.

"Remember the football team?"

Michael: Yeah, I remember.