VII. Celebration

~ Kaelynn Robinson

"It's been a rough 5 months for me Tey."

"Girl stop, let's not forget you are dating the phenomenal rapper Tyga. You are a consultant for Chanel! You big timing baby!" She yelled.

I scoffed,"It doesn't seem like I'm dating him anymore." 

Her eyes got big,"You think he cheating?"

Me and Tey were just having an everyday conversation in the store when it wasn't really busy.

"No, it's not that. It's like every since he had Mikell and this rapping shit, he hasn't had time for me."

"Awh Kae, it'll get better. I promise." She rubbed my back.

"Girl, I hope so."

"How's the sex?" She smiled.

"Of course amazing, it's going to stay like that. It's like when I'm home, he's not and when he's at home, I'm not."

"I feel you. It's like the schedules are fucking ya'll over." I laughed, but I knew she was serious.

"Something like that boo. How's your life?" I changed the subject. I didn't feel like talking about me anymore.

"I signed a partnership contract with Ka'oir. My new color, Harlem Knight fixing to come out."

Ka'oir was known for her famous colorful lipsticks. Every color, you name it, she had it.

"Blue right?"

She nodded,"Yep, just as I planned."

"Congratulations Tey! I'ma have to take you out."

My phone began to ring and I automatically knew who it was based off the ringtone.

Can we get a room?

On the southside of the ghetto..

Can we make sweet love -

"Hello?"

Michael: What's up?

"Aye, Tey I'll be back."

I walked to the back inside my office and sat down in the chair.

"Nothing, working. You?"

Michael: Same thing.

"Where's Mikell?"

Michael: With his mom.

"Oh okay."

Michael: You coming home later?

"Of course, you forgot I moved in with you."

I could hear his light chuckles on the other line.

Michael: Nah, I haven't forgot.

"What you got going later on?"

Michael: Hosting a party.

"Sounds fun."

Michael: Wanna slide through?

At first I didn't want to, but I thought about what I told Tey about taking her out. So, it sounded like a great idea.

"Sure."

Michael: I'ma text you the address and stuff later on. And I'ma put you on the VIP list.