family

i'm bad at writing chapters with the boys' families in them so bear with me people

also don't hold me to any of the facts i put in here idk anything

--

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

--

"I changed my mind I don't wanna go, take me home," Julie tells Luke, looking over at him with a nervous expression.

"Babe," he smiles at his girlfriend in amusement and gently pecks her lips, "everything's gonna be fine, alright?" He assures her, his voice comforting. She sighs, letting him kiss her once more before pushing open her door and sliding out of the car. "I'll come back and get our bags later," he tells her as he takes her hand and leads her to the front door. "Or make Jack do it." He shrugs and she giggles quietly, feeling nervousness bubble in her stomach when Luke pulls out a key.

"It's not too late to go back home," she whispers, looking up at him with a small smile. He rolls his eyes playfully and pushes the door open.

"Mom!" He calls and squeezes Julie's hand when he hears her exhale softly.

"Oh, Luke." Who Julie assumes is Luke's mom appears from the kitchen, gushing at the sight of her son and pulls him into a tight hug. He lets go of Julie's hand quickly to return her hug as a man comes from the same place, giving Julie a nice smile which she immediately returns. "And you must be Julie," she smiles warmly at Julie, wrapping her arms around her in a quick hug. "I'm Liz, and this is Andrew, Luke's dad," she introduces.

"Hi." Julie gives them each a shy smiles, slightly leaning into Luke.

"I'm not sure where the boys have gone, but you two go ahead and get settled in. Luke, where are your bags?" Liz talks as the four of them walk to the kitchen where it's clear someone was in the middle of cooking.

"I left them in the car, I'll get them later," he shrugs, reaching for a cookie.

"Wait until dinner, it's almost ready," Liz scolds, slapping his hand away and Julie smiles at the pair in amusement. "Go get them, and show Julie where you'll be sleeping." She gestures towards the door with the wooden spoon in her hand. "Can I trust you two to sleep in the same room and not-"

"Oh, my god, mom, please," Luke groans in embarrassment, running his hand over his face. "Yes, we'll be good," he promises before quickly taking Julie's hand and taking her back to the door. "This might've been a mistake," he mumbles, looking at the amused look on Julie's face.

"I'm having a good time so far," she shrugs with a grin and he rolls his eyes, opening the door to the backseat to get their bags out. "They're really nice," she tells him as he shuts the door.

"Don't get used to nice because you're gonna have to meet my brothers," he laughs and she hits his shoulder lightly before bending down to grab her bag. "I can carry it." He takes the bag from her.

"It's a small bag, Luke, I think I can manage," she giggles, taking the bag back and leaning up to kiss him gently. "I love you." Luke smiles at her words as she pulls away from him.

"That was random," he observes and she shrugs, grinning up at him.

"Well, I do. And I felt like telling you." Luke was absolutely gone for this girl and he had no problem admitting it.

"I love you too, princess," he tells her softly, pressing his lips against her forehead and letting them linger for a moment before he hears the front door open.