over

there are so many manips of luke and jade why have i never tried to look for any i'm upset

but anyways here's the chapter fam

--

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

--

"This place is so nice," Noah observes with a smile as he and Julie sit on the edge of the pool with their legs dipped in.

"Mae and I used to come here all the time before college," she tells him as he grabs her hand, lacing their fingers together. She looks down at their hands with a small smile before looking back at the pool.

"Guys, we're gonna go get a snack from the café, do you wanna come?" Mae calls as she and Matthew get out of the pool and Julie turns her attention to her best friend, missing Matthew glancing at their hands and winking at Noah with a smirk. Noah ignores his friend and looks over at Julie who shrugs and nods.

"Alright, sure." Noah stands and helps Julie up before following Matthew and Mae inside the building.

"They've kinda got a lot of fancy foods and shit, I would just go for the snack bar in the back of the room where there's –" Mae stops her sentence short when her eyes fall on a familiar face.

"What's wrong?" Matthew questions, the three of them following Mae's eyes.

"Oh," Julie mumbles when she meets the eyes of her ex-boyfriend.

"Hey, Juliette." Spencer's lips pull into a smirk and she glares at him at the use of her full name.

"Hi, Spencer," she grumbles and Noah squeezes Julie's hand comfortingly.

"This your new boyfriend or something?" Spencer chuckles, glancing at Noah with demeaning eyes. Julie rolls her eyes and opens her mouth to tell Spencer that they aren't together when Noah stops her by speaking up.

"Yeah, I'm her boyfriend. And who are you?" Noah obviously knew who he was, but he didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that Julie talked about him.

"I'm her ex, so trust me when I say you're better off leaving now." Noah's eyes narrow and his jaw clenches as Mae scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Spencer, could you just fuck off? We were all having a nice time," Mae mutters, crossing her arms over her chest. He holds his arms up in defense, the same smirk still plastered on his face, before winking at Julie and walking out of the café.

"Are you okay?" Noah turns his head over to look down at Julie.

"I'm fine," she mumbles, giving him a look that tells him she was too embarrassed to talk about it.

"We'll go get the snacks," Mae offers, watching the two of them with an undecipherable look. "Just stay with her, please." Noah nods and Matthew and Mae walk off towards the snack bar.

"Okay, so you're obviously not fine," Noah sides, leading her to a nearby table to sit. "Why is he such an ass?" He jokes, even though he's also very serious, in an attempt to lighten her mood, and she cracks a small smile.

"Let's just not talk about him, and I'll be fine," she smiles softly as he nods, returning her smile.

...

"Julie!" Mae calls from her spot on one of the pool chairs, gaining all of their attention. "Your phone keeps ringing and it's getting annoying." Julie rolls her eyes at her best friend with a light smile and she nods, swimming away from Matthew and Noah to get out of the pool. She walks over to the chair next to Mae to grab her phone, swiping the screen to answer.

"Hello?" She answers, moving away from Mae.

"Juliette, oh my god," Luke breathes the phone and Julie's smile falls off her face. "I didn't think you'd answer."

"Luke, what do you want?" She sighs, sitting at one of the free outside tables.

"Princess, I'm – I made a mistake, I'm so sorry," he talks quickly, a desperate tone in his voice.

"What are you talking about?" She scrunches her face up.

"You're not going to forgive me, but I really need you to, baby, I'm so fucking sorry." His voice breaks slightly.

"Luke, it's no big deal." She cringes at herself because she knows she needs to not give in so easily with him. "It was just an argument."

"No, princess, you don't understand," he lets out a breath. "Can you come over or something, please? I need to see you."

"I'm kind of busy right now, but uh, I can come over in about an hour or something," she offers.

"Yeah, I'll be here." It's silent for a few moments before Julie speaks up again.

"Well, I'll see you later then," she tells him quietly before bringing the phone down and hanging up. She lets out a breath and looks back over to the pool where Mae had joined the boys and Noah was watching Julie with concerned eyes. She shoots him a smile to show him that she's fine and he smiles back before returning his attention to the other two.

...

Almost an hour later, Julie knocks loudly on Luke's door, biting her lip lightly. Not even a second after knocking, the door opens to reveal Calum with a relived smile on his face. "Finally, he's a mess. I don't know what you've done to him, but he's never," he pauses, trying to think of the right way to explain, "acted like this before. I don't know. He's in his room."

"Um, thanks," she nods, not really understanding what was going on. She gives him an uneasy smile before making her way to the back to Luke's room. She hesitates before reaching her hand up to knock lightly on his door. When he doesn't say anything, she slowly opens to door, looking around the empty room. Her eyes fall on the closed bathroom and she assumes he's in there. "Luke?" She calls, leaning against the dresser.

"Julie?"

"Yeah, it's me," she replies softly, lacing her fingers together. Luke quickly comes out of the bathroom and Julie barely has time to look at him before he's cupping her face and pressing his lips to hers in a desperate fashion. "Luke, hey," she mumbles against his lips, taking his hands in hers and moving her head away from his. "It's fine, calm down."

"I'm sorry, I just had to do that before, um," he pauses as he watches Julie's eyes trail down to his neck and he closes his eyes to stop them from watering. "I'm so sorry, princess." He opens his eyes to see Julie's still stuck on the dark red bruise. "We went out last night and I was drunk and angry because we hadn't –" he stops when Julie shakes her head with watery eyes and pushes his hands off her face.

"Did you have sex with her?" She questions with a soft voice, although she already knows the answer.

"Baby, please, you have to under –"

"Luke," her voice hardens and she looks up to meet his eyes. "Did you have sex with her?" Luke licks his lips and just barely nods.

"I'm sor–"

"You don't need to apologize, Luke," she shakes her head with a shrug and he looks down at her in confusion, but also with hopeful eyes. "You're not my boyfriend, remember? You can do what you want." All of the hope in his eyes disappears and he squeezes them shut, shaking his head quickly and trying to grab ahold of her again, but she moves backwards away from him.

"I want to be with you Julie, I know it took me longer than it should've to realize that, but –"

"Luke, stop it, okay? Being a boyfriend just isn't your type of thing, commitment just isn't your type of thing. I don't –" Her voice breaks and she sniffles, looking down at her hands. "I can't handle that again. I'm sorry." She takes a step forward to gently press her lips to his cheek before using her thumb to wipe away a few stray tears on his other cheek. "Bye," she nods and turns to leave the room, and he makes no effort to stop her.

--

yo yo

sad luke makes me sad aw

hope this chap didn't suck xx