shirt

CHAPTER NINE

--

Julie wakes up rather late the next morning, remembering she fell asleep at Luke's even though she tried her best not to. She rolls over under the soft, white blanket on top of her to see if Luke was around but he wasn't. She heads to the bathroom, with the blanket wrapped around her body, and wipes off all the access make-up that she never had a chance to take off, grimacing at her face when she finishes.

Deciding to go look for Luke, she tugs the blanket on top of her head and goes to check the living room and kitchen. Luke was laid out on the couch asleep while some show Julie didn't know the name of was playing on almost silent on the television. She smiles softly before walking over to him and sitting herself down on his exposed stomach making him groan but he keeps his eyes closed.
"Julie, get off," he mumbles tiredly with a lazy smile when she lets out a quiet laugh.

"You called me Julie," she observes in shock and he opens his eyes to look at her, chuckling when he sees her appearance.

"Why are you wrapped up like a burrito?" He questions, pulling at the blanket gently.

"Because you keep it cold as hell in here," she huffs as Luke continues to try and get the blanket off of her.

"Technically, hell isn't c-"

"Shut up," she interrupts and he smiles up at her in amusement. "You didn't have to sleep on the couch by the way."

"I figured you wouldn't be too happy if I slept in the same bed as you," he shrugs. He had watched Netflix for a little bit before putting the blanket on Julie and going to sleep in the living room.

"Aw, look at Luke being a gentleman for once," she coos, poking his nose gently and he chuckles and shakes her head in amusement at her.

"What do you want to do today, princess?" Luke gives up on the blanket since she obviously isn't budging and rests his hands on her hips.

"You ask that like I'm hanging out with you," she scoffs jokingly, standing up and turning to face him. "And put on a shirt."

"I don't think you actually have a problem with me not having a shirt on," he smirks before running his hands over his face and sitting up on the couch.

"It's too early to deal with you being an ass," she shakes her head.

"It's practically noon." Luke raises his eyebrows up at her and she groans in annoyance. "Seriously, what do you want to do?"

"Well, I've gotta go home and change," she mumbles, looking down at the t-shirt and shorts she had changed into before going to Luke's. "Eat some food, sleep some more," she shrugs with a laugh.

"You don't need to change, you look fine." He looks up at her with a confused expression and she groans, using the blanket to hit his face lightly.

"But I've been wearing this since last night and I don't like it, so it's time to change." She tells him. "And time for you to put on a shirt."

"You could change into one of my shirts," he suggests with a shrug, standing up in front of her.

"What about my shorts, Luke?" She crosses her arms and looks up at him, determined to get him to let her go home.

"You don't need pants, honestly," he smirks softly, hooking one of his fingers on one of the belt buckles of her shorts to tug her closer to him.

"Smooth," she snorts, seeming unfazed, but on the inside her heart was thumping in her chest from the sudden movement. "But seriously," she coughs, taking a step back from him, "I should get going."