twitter

CHAPTER FIVE

--

It had been a few days since Julie had heard from Luke - except for a few flirty text messages throughout the past few days - and Julie was both relieved and disappointed, but she didn't say anything of course. "Julie, wake up!"

"What do you want?" She grumbles, not bothering to open her eyes to look at her best friend. "I don't have to be up for, like, twenty more minutes."

"You need to see this, it's important." Mae pushes her over so that she was face up and sits next to her.

"What is it?" She sighs, sitting up and running her fingers through her messy hair. Mae doesn't say anything and shoves her iPhone in Julie's hands. "Twitter?" She asks in confusion before her eyes widen and she quickly shakes her head. "No, no no no," she chants quickly, "no one was there, the restaurant was empty." She looks up at Mae with wide eyes.

"There must've been someone outside or something, I'm sorry," she sighs as they both look back down at the pictures of her and Luke at the Chinese restaurant. "What is this, are you guys a thing now? I thought you hated him." Mae gives her a questioning look.

"We aren't a thing," she mumbles, taking her bottom lip in between her lip.

"The way he's touching you makes it look like you guys are a thing," Mae snorts, tapping on one of the pictures, the one where Luke had the hem of her shirt in his hand and they were standing unnecessarily close to each other.

"I'm going to take a shower," she huffs and hands Mae her phone back. "I don't even want to see the things his fans are calling me."

"Oh come on, they aren't that bad. Well, they aren't, like, mean," Mae shrugs. "You're just 'Luke Hemmings's next girl'. Well, that's pretty demeaning," she scoffs and Julie gives her a half-smile and a shrug.

"Luke Hemming's next girl will be in the shower, questioning every decision she's ever made." Mae laughs and nods before sliding off her bed and leaving her room.

...

"Dude, you know you're, like, everywhere," One of Julie's coworkers, Charlotte, tells her in disbelief when she spots her.

"Yeah, my friend showed me this morning," Julie shrugs, already ready for their conversation to be over since she'd never really liked Charlotte. Too fake. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating Luke Hemmings?" She gasps and Julie wonders how she hadn't seen him walking around the past two weeks.

"Because we never talk?" Julie scrunches her eyebrows.

"I think that's conversation worthy, Julie, even if we're not the closest friends," Charlotte laughs, waving her off.  

"We aren't even dating, Charlotte, sorry I haven't been going around telling everyone." She fights the urge to roll her eyes at the blonde, shifting on her feet.

"I would tell everyone if I was in your place," she giggles, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Anyway, you should definitely introduce me to him."

"I'll be sure to do that, Charlotte," she nods, sarcasm clear in her voice. "I've really got to get back to work." She quickly walks away from the annoying blonde.

A few hours later, Luke approaches Julie's register with a wallet in his hand. "What are you doing here?" Julie laughs as he places the wallet on the conveyer belt. "Because you certainly don't need a new wallet."