lunch

CHAPTER SEVEN

--

Julie's phone goes off loudly, scaring her as she runs her flat iron down a strand of her hair. She puts down the iron and picks up her phone, reading the Caller ID and answering since she hadn't heard from him in a few days. "Yes, Luke?" She puts the phone on speaker and puts it back down on the counter in her bathroom before continuing with her hair.

"Good morning, princess," Luke greets cheerfully.

"It's almost noon," she snorts, smiling lightly.

"Which means it's still morning, jeez," he huffs. "And why is there an echo? Where are you?"

"I'm in the bathroom straightening my hair." She brushes out the side she finished before starting on the other side of her head. "Do you need something?"

"I would like to take you for lunch. I'm hungry and Calum won't go with me."

"Why can't you just go alone?" She wonders with a chuckle.

"Because that's lame, Juliette, you should know that," he tells her, sighing dramatically.

"Calling me Juliette is not helping your chances of me saying yes," she warns.

"So, there is a chance you're coming to lunch with me then?" He teases, ignoring her warning about her name.

"Depends," she replies jokingly.

"I'll pay?" He offers and she laughs. "And you can pick where we eat," he adds.

"Okay, fine," she agrees. "But you have to wait until I'm done with this hair. Give me, like, fifteen minutes?"

"Nonsense, princess, I'll come get you. What's your address?"

"Nice try, Luke, I'm not giving you my address," she snorts.

"Come on, I'm just looking out for our environment by carpooling." Julie can tell he's got that dumb Luke smile on his face and she laughs quietly, rolling her eyes.

"Luke," she groans.

"You can moan my name later, princess, I'm hungry."

"You're disgusting, I take back my yes, go eat by yourself," she huffs, brushing through her hair again.

"Stop that," he whines and she lets out a quiet giggle that he almost doesn't hear. "Just tell me your address," he demands and she sighs in defeat. After giving him the address, he tells her he'll see her soon before hanging up. By the time she's done with her hair, she figures she only has about five minutes before Luke shows up so she quickly picks out something to wear and throws it on. She heads back to her bathroom to start with make-up but the doorbell rings throughout her flat before she could.

11:58

juliette (but she prefers julie):
go away i haven't put make up on and i look a mess

11:58

luke hemmings:
i don't care open the door

read: 11:58

11:58

luke hemmings:
don't ignore me come open the door

read: 11:58

Julie laughs and quickly applies her eyeliner and mascara before jogging to the door as Luke rings the bell once again. "Calm down," she laughs after opening the door.