restaurant

your comments on the last chapter has motivated me to write this one as quickly as possible y'all are so cute :'))

--

CHAPTER THIRTY

--

"You're doing the problem wrong, Matthew," Noah laughs only getting a grumble in response from his best friend.

"Why'd I let you talk me into taking this class?" He huffs, dropping his pencil.

"Everyone has to take a science Matthew, it's not my fault you're shit at every science." Noah gives him a grin and Matthew rolls his eyes in response. Julie hushes the both of them, trying to concentrate on her work. They both mimic her and she lifts her gaze in a glare, getting two innocent smiles in return. When her phone buzzes, she gives up on trying to finish the assignment and pulls it out of her bag.

11:41

luke hemmings:

did you drive to school today? xx

A smile tugs at Julie's lips as she starts typing up her response.

11:42

juliette:

no, why?

He doesn't respond after that, leaving her confused but she doesn't text him again either. She continues working while Matthew and Noah continue with their banter until noon when the class is dismissed.

"Isn't that your lover boy?" Matthew asks teasingly, gesturing over to Luke leaning against his car in the parking lot. Julie doesn't even attempt to fight the large smile on her face as she tells the boys she'll see them the next day before making her way to Luke. As soon as she reaches him, she pushes his phone down and stands on her toes to meet their lips together.

"What are you doing here?" She questions with a smile after standing back flat on her feet.

"Picking you up, obviously," he grins and she rolls her eyes as he lightly kisses her forehead before opening the passenger door for her. "I am taking you to lunch," he finally answers, sliding into the driver's seat.

"You know the way to my heart," she giggles before switching the radio on, allowing the latest Ariana Grande single to start playing through the speakers. "Where are we eating?"

"Sandwich place by all those shops," he replies, "if that's okay with you, of course." He turns his head to the side to smile at his girlfriend who lets out a quiet laugh knowing he's teasing since she's practically obsessed with the small restaurant.

By the time they arrived, Luke had successfully surprised Julie by knowing all the lyrics to What Do You Mean and she couldn't be more amused.

"Is Luke Hemmings a secret Bieber fan?" She stares up at him with a grin as the two of them walk hand in hand to the entrance of the building.

"That's confidential, my love," he winks playfully, opening the door for them.

"Hi Julie," the old woman who owns the restaurant greets with a kind smile.

"Afternoon, Rose," Julie returns the smile.

"Who's this?" Rose teasingly eyes Luke even though, judging by their intertwined hands, she had a pretty good idea who he was.

"This is my boyfriend, Luke." She'd never get used to calling him that, but she loved it. "Luke, this is Rose, she owns the restaurant." Luke gives her a nice smile and a nod as a greeting before the two of them sat at one of the decorated booths. Not even a minute later, one of the waitresses comes to take Luke's order, already knowing Julie's. "I think you may have a fan here," she informs Luke, discreetly nodding over to a table on the other side of the room where a girl who couldn't be older than fifteen or sixteen kept looking over at Luke and then excitedly talking to what seemed like her older sister who looked uninterested. Luke just shrugs, not saying anything about it as the same waitress quickly brings them their food.

Twenty minutes into their meal, Luke looks up behind Julie towards the entrance of the restaurant, his eyes widening slightly.

"What's wrong?" She questions, about to turn around but Luke grabs her arm to stop her.

"Keep your head low, don't say anything to anyone," he demands, throwing some bills on the table and grabbing Julie's hand as he stands up.

"What's wrong?" She repeats before peaking up and seeing a slowly growing crowd of fans and paparazzi. "Oh," she breathes, tightening her grip on Luke's hand.

"It was probably that girl," he mumbles, bringing Julie against his body as he pushes the door open the two of them immediately being bombarded with flashes, phones, and questions, most of them about whether Luke is dating Julie or not. It takes a while to push through the crowd and Luke tries to smile for as many pictures with the fans as he can while also getting Julie away from them. He finally manages to safely get her in his car, smiling lightly at the fans as he jogs to his side of the car.

"I'm sorry," he sighs after they're a safe distance away from the restaurant.

"Don't be." She shakes her head with a reassuring smile. "It's not your fault."

"But, still, it ruined our lunch date," he pouts and she grabs his free hand and brings it up to her mouth to lightly kiss it.

"At least I got to finish my sandwich," she shrugs, her hand still holding his. He smiles at her in amusement and she meets his eyes with the same smile. "Pay attention to the road," she scolds.

"But you're cuter than the road," he coos and she rolls her eyes unable to keep the smile off her face. "Are we going to your place or mine?"

"Let's go to yours," she answers quickly.

"We haven't been to your place in ages," he whines, taking the turn to go to her house anyway. Julie didn't want to take Luke to her apartment because Mae still hated him with a passion and she didn't want him to be uncomfortable. When Mae hates someone, she makes it completely obvious to them.

"Okay, I guess we're going to my place," she laughs quietly, seeing the direction they're headed in.

The first thing Mae does when she looks up and notices the couple walk into the apartment is scoff and look back down at her phone.

"Mae, be nice," Julie scolds her best friend, tugging Luke further into the apartment and closing the door. Mae grumbles under her breath and doesn't say anything and Julie rolls her eyes, taking Luke back into her room. "I'm sorry about that," she apologizes quietly, sitting him down on the edge of her bed and straddling his waist.

"Don't apologize, princess." He shakes his head and kisses her lightly. "She has every right to hate me," he chuckles. "I'm surprised you don't."

"Stop," she pouts, cupping his cheeks and pressing her lips to his. "I couldn't hate you even if I tried," she mumbles as Luke works his way down her neck and she tugs her hands through his hair. He pulls away and meets her eyes for a moment.

"I l-" he cuts himself off and Julie scrunches her eyebrows together in confusion.

"What?" She questions, cocking her head to the side.

"Nothing," he shakes his head, "it's nothing." He can tell she's about to question him further but he cuts her off, meeting their lips together again.

--

this is the quickest i've updated a chapter in a very long while be proud of me