"Hold up." I said.

I went in to my moms room and started to look for the paper she could was reading that day I went in her room. It's been on my mind a lot since I saw her with it.

Like what the fuck was on that letter that made her so jumpy.

I looked under her bed and I saw a box of papers.

"Molly what are you doing?" Rah said.

"Just give me a minute." I said sitting on the floor.

He sat down on the floor and picked up a paper. "These are just empty envelopes." I said.

"No they aren't Molly. Look at what this letter says." He said giving me the paper.

"Inmate 813." I said.

Just as I was about to read it I herd the front door open and close.

"Shit we gotta dip Molly." Rah said.

"We can go through the back door." I said grabbing the letter and one of the envelope and leaving the room. I peeped out and saw my mother going in the bathroom.

"Come on." Rah said leaving with the two duffle bags.

I followed behind him and we went through the front door instead since my mother was in the bathroom. He threw the bags in the car and we hopped in and left. While in the car I was ready the letter.

Dear Fam,
I miss y'all a lot. It's obvious that y'all don't care being that y'all don't write back but writing helps get my mind off of the shit that goes down here. Tonya, word on the street is you have turned your life over to drugs and I suggest you stop cause that shit ain't good. If the kids see you like that it can hurt them emotional. How are they doe? How's my son Aaron? I herd he out there playing basketball he was always a active baby. An what about the big one Molly. I herd she looking more and more like me everyday. God I wish I could see them. I really wish you can come over with them and let me see them. Visiting hours are every weekday and the address is on the envelope. Just ask for INMATE 813.
From your pops and husband ,
Kennedy

Rah's POV

We reached the house and Molly looked like we seen a ghost. She hopped out the car and walked to the house.

"Molly. Molly what was the letter about?" I asked following her in to the living room.

Dana and Quan were in living room watching TV.

"My father." She said.

Dana froze and turned off the TV.

"What about your father." She said.

"All these years my father was tryna come in contact with us and my mom hid it from me. He thinks that we forgot about him." Molly said.

She looked like she wanted to cry but the tears didn't come. She wasn't lying when she said she doesn't cry anymore. Even if she wanted to she couldn't. Footsteps caught all of our attention.