Chapter 9(Dedicated to @Kalamelalb for her awesomeness^^)

>>Hey ppl! I keep my promises(most of the time :D)So I am uploading again today!!!Tell me if you have any suggestions!! This chapter is dedicated to @Kalamelalb because she followed me after I uploaded my chap yesterday!! Hi, @Kalamelalb, you are besties with @AbbyCadabby97 right?? Good luck in your friendship and thank you so much for supporting! <3

(Laura's POV)

Eh..? The banging went away? I stood up slowly and brought my shaking hands to the door. Is he still there? Just as I was about to twist the doorknob,"Police!Hands up in the air!" "Bang!" The sudden sound of a gunshot pierced through the air and reveberated around the house. I screamed out in terror and collapsed to the cold, white tiles, my hands cupped over my ears tightly.

That sound was all too familiar...

All of a sudden, my memories of my childhood were awakened. Sounds of whipping, blood stains, cuts, gnashes, crying, whipped, beaten, and even...

I love you so much, why would you do this to me? Why?!

His tall, sturdy body towered over me. I could see his grey eyes burn with anger. Raising his stick or whip, lashes rained down on me, each stinging with pain. Blood flowed freely like water, running all over my body after he was done. I lay there, numb to the pain, but felt cold and I felt like I wanted to die..My vision became all blurry...

But then my mom, Lucy, carried me all the way to the hospital, running like mad and crying like shit. I don't blame her though. Her daughter's life was slipping away by the second.

Tick.Tock.Tick.Tock.

But darkness invited me even before I reached there and my world became black...

But I woke up in the hospital. Everyone cared for me, and they were so gentle. I wanted to stay there forever. But I knew that I had to go back someday, so when my mom came to pick me, I backed away from her," I don't wanna go home!"

Her voice cracked as she said this,"He ran away. It's ok now."My eyes widened as I stepped forward cautiously,"Why..?"

Her tears streamed down her face as she hugged me tightly."He ran away..with a yoga class instructor. Now, let's go home safely...alright baby?"

Turns out my father really ran away...but as a convict.

Now he's back, I don't know what to do....

 Suddenly, I heard a familiar, gentle voice from faraway ring out in my ears,"Laura....wake up please."I forced my eyes open and saw a blurry figure before me. I blinked my eyes.

Jovan?

"Wait, my dad...!!" I sat up quickly. Alas, bad move. I felt a wave of nausea and dizziness hit me and I immediately had the urge to puke." Lie down! It's okay. He's been arrested."

Jovan's voice is always so gentle and sweet. It calmed me down already.

He helped me slowly to my room and got me a glass of water. "I went to your house today to...check if you had cut. But I heard banging and shouting from the house so I decided to call the police." I could feel that he was very tense when he said this. I took a sip of water. Then I glanced at his eyes. Full of worry...for me?

I took in a deep breath and let it all out. He turned to me quickly and asked a string of questions.

"Are you still feeling alright?Is this still affecting you?Want something to eat? And...hows your homework??"

"Jovan..."

"Yes?!"

"Wait...why are you caring so much for me?"

*Awkward silence*

"Because, Laura...I think I l-love you..."

>>Lol yay Jovan confessed!!! XD I actually wanted to write that Laura crys in his arms and they kiss, but turns out that that was too cliche :P

Like,comment,fan please!! And follow me, I follow back :)

Will update tmr!! Both stories! Please look forward ^^

Cheerios,

MyStupidityRocksXP