Chapter Five

Killian POV 

Elizabeth and I had been now in Storybrooke for about a month, she had become very settled, loving school and dance. I had also settled into my new job, it was a little bit boring, being a shit ton of paper work but that couldn't be helped, Elizabeth came first now. 

Most day where much that same, I would drop Elizabeth at school then head off to work. On Monday's and Thursday's Regina would take her and Henry to dance and the rest of the week back to her house till I finished work at 4. On dance nights I would return the favor by taking Henry home as Regina had town meetings on those nights. 

Emma had became very drawn back towards me, never looking me in the eyes and not even really talking to me unless it had to do with Elizabeth. Had I done something wrong that first day? I just wanted to get to know her, to be friends, but every time I asked her our for have coffee she just said she was too busy. 

Elizabeth absolutely loved Emma, always talking about how pretty and nice she was. About to weeks ago she even said "Daddy! Emma should be my new mummy" I was taken a little of guard by that, but somehow I didn't mind the idea of that, problem being that would mean Emma would have to speak to me, and I didn't see that happening anytime soon.  

I had also found out David and his wife were very close friends of Emma's but it always seemed as if David was hiding something from me and I could't put my finger on in. And I wasn't going to pry, I know what it's like to have a secret and in no way would I push them to tell me. "I think lunch is in order! Granny's?" David said pulling me from my thoughts. "Sure" 

We walked in to Granny's and took a set. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Emma and Ruby talking, I couldn't help but laugh at Emma's pleading face. Not once had Emma served me and it had to stop. "I'll be back mate, some as always?" David nods and I walk right up to Emma and Ruby. "Would you stop avoiding me Swan" I say. Ruby giggles "I go put your order in" 

Emma still didn't look at me and it was driving me crazy, I pull her out the back of Granny's "What the hell did I do Emma? Why won't you even look at me?" I say trying to stay calm. Tears began to fill Emma's eyes, making me feel even worse. "Emma? I'm sorry" I shyly say, I just couldn't do anything right. Before I even knew what to do Emma was on the ground crying, I sat beside her wrapping my arms tightly around her. 

"You know, talking about things can help?" I heard her sniff back the tears. "That house.. That job.. Even bloody David... I can't believe he would do this to me! After everything, bring you here every Friday like nothing has changed! Like the whole world is just replacing him." She was rumbling but it wasn't hard to put two and two together. Emma had lost someone dear to her, I thought back to the first night. "That was you, the women at my house" Emma slowly looks up, ours eye meeting for the first time in months and she gives a little shy nod.

Emma went to speak, being cut off my phone. I looked at the call I.D, it was Mary-Margaret. "Hello?" I say, coming to stand along with Emma. I felt my heart stop, legs become weak, face going as white as snow 'should have just stayed on the floor.' I didn't know what to do, just standing shock. "Killian? Hello?" Mary-Margaret voice ringed in my ear. I could speak, complete frozen. I felt Emma grab my phone her voice soft sniffing back the last of her tears as the women spoke. 

"Killian, we need to go." Emma said, I just stared off as she pulled outside to her car. I was like a zombie as we head into the hospital. I couldn't loss her, not my little baby. 'Slap' "What the fuck!" I shout, Emma looked at me, fear and sadness in her eyes "Get you shit together! Your daughter needs you!" I look shocked for a moment but she was right, I nod running towards her room.

Mary-Margaret was sitting out front "You can't go in yet" she said "What! Why not! I'm her bloody father!" Mary-Margaret put a hand on my shoulder "Killian down calm, it will only be five minutes" I sigh, but take a seat. Emma soon joins and to my surprise she held my hand, rubbing calming circles into my palm. "She will be okay, Elizabeth is a tough girl" 

After too long of a wait the Doctor come out. "Mr. Jones?" I nod and stand up, Emma's hand releasing mine. "Elizabeth is going to be fine, just a very sore head for a little while. You can go in now, only 2 visitors at a time and make sure to be quiet." I nod and thank him. Mary-Margaret give me a hug "Give her my love, David and I will drop by in a few days" she said "Shit! David! I just left him at Granny's" Mary-Margaret giggles "I let him know" I smile "Thank you"

Mary-Margaret heads off leaving Emma and I "Coming in love?" I ask "Oh i'm sure she wouldn't want to see me" I hold out my hand "Well if I remember correctly she wanted that pretty women from the first night we moved her to be her mummy, so I think she would be very happy to found out that was you. Plus she loves you already." Emma's cheeks went pink, she nods following me in.

"Daddy!! Oww" Elizabeth cries out a little to loud for herself. "Shh baby, I'm here it's okay. And look who else is here" I say coming to sit on her bed letting her snuggle into me. "Hi" Emma sweetie said coming to the sit beside her. Elizabeth lite up like a Christmas tree when she saw Emma. "You'll like a real mummy" Elizabeth said, making Emma's blush deeper. "Now now sweetie, Emma is here as a friend not your mummy okay?" Elizabeth frowns but nods "One day" she whispers in my ear so Emma can't hear. I smile, whispering back "Maybe, baby maybe"

Just so everyone knows, you will find out what happened to Elizabeth in the next chapter.