Chapter Seven

"You wouldn't believe me" Lydia protested.

"Lydia Martin, i would believe almost anything that came out of your mouth." said Stiles

"Aliens came down and took my whole family, and my phone" Lydia joked.

Stiles laughed. "Very funny, but what actually happened?" 

Lydia sighed. "Okay," she started. "I went to the bank to go put all my dads savings in his account. I was in target to get a drink before I went and a guy, probably about 30, came up to me and started small talking me. I didn't think anything of it but then he started stroking my hair"

Stiles pulled a face, clearly disgusted.

"So obviously I pushed him away, and as i walked off he put his hand on my waist- which was gross. I didn't notice until I'd left that he took the envelope full of my dads savings." Lydia finish, breathing heavy and hands shaking.

"Shit" Stiles murmured. He saw her hands shaking and took them in his, 

"We're gonna sort this out Lydia, I promise" He said sincerely.

 "Here's the plan." 

It took a lot of persuading, but Stiles managed to see the security footage from earlier on that day so he could take some photos of the guy that did it.

They headed towards the police station, Where they waited for hours for an officer to talk to them. When one called them into an interview room they showed the police the photos of the guy who did it, and told them how much he took. 

"Look, its gonna take us a while to track him down, but we'll contact insurance and the bank about the money and we will make sure it gets into your fathers account, okay? Until then theres nothing else we can do but we'll make sure to contact you with any updates" The officer said. 

Lydia sighed. 

"Thank you officer." And with that, Lydia walked out.

"Yeah uhm, thank you" Stiles nodded, rushing after Lydia. 

"See Lydia, I told you we'd sort this out." Stiles said, positively. "Do you want me to take you home?"  

Lydia shook her head.

"Don't really want to see my dad right now. I couldn't stay with you could I?" Lydia asked.

"No, uh, no thats fine. You know what? i have the perfect place we could go. But first lets go get some food." Replied Stiles.

"Taco Bell?" Lydia questioned, as they pulled into the drive through.

"Is that a tone of judgement I hear in your voice, Miss Martin?" Stiles joked.

"Maybe" Lydia smirked. "But I'll have a grilled steak fajita burrito and a crunchy mexican taco with a side of cheesy nachos and a large coke." 

Stiles looked at her, with a shocked expression on his face.

"I see a hint of judgment in your  face now, Stilinski." Lydia laughed "Anyway, I'm starving. I've hardly eaten all day."

It was about half eight when they arrived at the treehouse. Stiles parked up his jeep, grabbed the food and made his way up the ladder, Lydia not far behind him. 

"So," Lydia started, fiddling with Stiles' things. "What does one do when not spending their time up here?"

"Most of the time the exact same thing, just in my bedroom" Stiles answered, taking a bite of his burrito. 

"Well, you could help me decorate me room if you wanted to do something different. Its so plain and boring at the moment and I hate it. I figured you're good at art, you could help maybe?" Said Lydia, looking at Stiles with a hopeful expression.

"You know what Miss Martin, I think that would be a fantastic idea."  He responded.

They spent most of the night planning Lydia's bedroom design, with the occasional reference to decorating the treehouse. 

Stiles got up and walked to the microwave. "Hot cocoa??" 

"mhm" Lydia mumbled, looking at stiles' laptop and records. 

Stiles placed the two mugs into the microwave and got some snacks out of the cupboard. 

When he sat back down, Lydia looked up at him.

"Lets make a mixtape" she suggested. 

Stiles  raised his eyebrows at her. "You want to make a mixtape?" He questioned. 

"yeah" Lydia responded. "You know, like a mixtape just for us. We could call it the... Martinski playlist" 

"Sounds like a fantastic idea." He replied, and took a seat next to her.

After a few hours they had a mixtape full of 65 songs, and they were now syncing them onto their phones.  

Lydia fell asleep first. Stiles was stunned as to how beautiful one person could be, even when sleeping. She looked so precious, so fragile when she was sleeping. Her long hair fell loosely around her face, and her long, soft eyelashes replaced where her piercing green eyes are usually on show.

He fell asleep to the sight of Lydia - something he thought would only happen in his wildest dreams- and in that moment, Stiles felt like maybe, just maybe, he could be truly happy again.