Chapter 3

Tris P.O.V

I wake up to my phone alarm. Daniel and I have plans with my mom for lunch, then Zeke is throwing a party tonight. I get up and do simple makeup. I put my hair in a loose bun. I wear jeans, white converse, and a red sweater.

We get a taxi to the restaurant. Daniel doesn't really talk to me. He must still be mad from the performance last night. Even if Uriah's song was about me, How would it be my fault?

We get to the restaurant and walk in. My mom is already there. We go over and sit at the table with her. We order our food and talk for a while. After we eat my mom asks Daniel if she can just talk to me for a bit. He nods and walks outside.

"What's up?" I ask her.

"Does Daniel know about all of the bad stuff we went through when you were in high school?" My mom asks. That's a weird question

"Yeah, we kind of tell each other everything. You know, kind of necessary for a relationship." I respond.

"I was just wondering." My mom says. "I noticed he was kind of ignoring you." That is very weird.

"He may be slightly mad. We went to one of Uriah's performances last night and there was a song that may or may not be about me." I say

"Well, what did it say?" She asks

"It talked about how he regretted that when he was in some relationship with a significant other he didn't do everything he should of. And he possibly still likes them that way." I say. My mom nods.

"I can see why he may be mad." My mom says."

"I didn't do anything though! I get him maybe being mad at Uriah, but why at me?" I ask her.

"Men are wierd" is all she replies with. I laugh at that. We talk for a couple minutes more and then leave. We walk out and Daniel is gone, my phone buzzes.

Dan ❤️- hey, Four picked me up. I will see you at Zeke's tonight.

Me- alright, see you then.

I tell my mom the news and thank her for lunch. I get a taxi and go to Chris's parents house. I knock on the door and Chris's mom opens it.

"Hey, is Chris here?" I ask.

"Yeah, she's in her room." She says letting me in. I walk upstairs to her room. The door is open. I go in and find Chris on her bed.

I walk over to her and see that she's looking at a photo album. It's from when we were in high school. She notices I'm next to her. She smiles.

"Are you prepared to get ready, like we used to?" She says smiling. I sigh and reluctantly nod. She pulls me out to her car. She drives to the mall.

We shop for a hour or so then go back to the hotel room. We get dressed in our new clothes.

I wear a black lacy crop top and dark jeans with a pair of cute black heels. Chris wears a black shirt and a lacy pink skirt with a matching pair of heels.

We do our hair and makeup. By the time we are done its time to leave for the party. We get in the car and drive to Zeke's apartment.

We get to his apartment and knock on the door. Uriah opens the door.

"Hey!" He yells as we walk in. "You guys actually aren't late for once!" We laugh as as we walk into the apartment.

There is a ton of people in the small apartment. I see lots of people I know from high school. I talk and dance with everyone. After a while of being at the party Uriah comes up to me.

"Hey, can we talk?" He asks. I nod and follow him away from the party. We go into the kitchen and sit at the counter. There is oddly no one in there.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I just need to tell you something, and if I don't say it now I'll lose my confidence and I'll regret not telling you. " he starts. I nod for him to go on, confused what this may be about.

"17 years ago, I lost one of my best friends and I was devastated. When she came back into my life, I was overjoyed. When she became my girlfriend, I was determined I wouldn't let her out of my life again. Then, 5 years ago, she did just that."

"Tris, I know we broke up a long time ago, and you have Daniel now, but, I still love you." My heart breaks when he says that.

Uriah leans over and kisses me. I feel the spark I have missed for so long. I know I should pull away, but I can't. I hear a door open but it seems a million miles away. I hear a cough and pull away from Uriah.

I look over and see Zeke and Daniel standing in the doorway. Daniel has a mad expression and starts to walk away.

"Wait," I say and run after him. By the time I get through all the people and catch him he is in the hallway. "Daniel, its-" he cuts me off.

"Not what it looks like? It looks like you were off kissing your boyfriend from high school that I knew you hadn't quite gotten over yet. I was right about him Tris, but I was wrong about you." He turns and walks down the hallway.

Zeke comes out the door just as Daniel turns the corner and is out of view. I walk to the side of the hallway and sit against the wall. Zeke comes and sits next to me.

"You all right?" He asks. I shake my head no.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He asks.

"You've been drinking." I say looking at him.

"Well then I'll find someone else to drive you."

3 minutes later in the car

The car ride is completely silent. Zeke chose Uriah to drive me back to the hotel for some reason. He pulls into the hotel parking lot and parks.

"Tris, I'm sorry about" Uriah starts.

"It's fine. Whatever." I say and get out of the car. I walk up to the hotel room and go right to bed.