Chapter 2

A/N at this point the only couples are Will and Chris then Tris and Daniel

Tris P.O.V

I go back to my apartment with Chris. I go into our bedroom ad get out my duffel bag. I turn around and Chris is already digging around in my closet. She pulls out all of the clothes she wants me to wear this weekend and gives them to me. I put them all in my bag.

Chris and I hang out the rest of the day. We were originally going to go shopping but I convinced Chris to just hang out instead.

Eventually Daniel and Will get home and we pile into Will's car. Chris and I are in back and the boys are in front.

2 hours later we are back to the familiar sights of Chicago. We drive around and point out everything. Then Will drives to a hotel right by the suburb area we all (besides Daniel). We get out and go check in to our room. We go to bed around 12 after talking and watching movies for a while.

~ Next day ~

In the morning we get up at 9. Chris makes a group chat.

Chat with:

Danny 😘❤️
Chrissy
Uri
Willy
Mar
Lynn pie
Toby
Shaun
Ezekiel

Guys! Tris, Will, Daniel, and I are all in Chicago this weekend! What are you guys doing?? - Chrissy

I'm free! So is Shauna! We had family plans but we'll just not go - Mar

I can do stuff - Toby

I am free for the things  - Ezekiel

I can drive in today! What are we doing and what time? - Uri

11 at Starbucks? - Me

omg yas - Willy

End of group chat

I put on the outfit Chris packed for me. It's a pair of jeans with a white T shirt and white heels. I put my hair in a braid and do simple make up.

Once Chris is ready (which takes forever) we leave to go to Starbucks. When we get there none of the group is there yet. We get our stuff and get the big table in the corner. Slowly the rest of the group gets here.

With every new person there is an excited hello, a hug, and a weird feeling growing in my stomach. Everyone is here but it feels wrong. I try to push it out of my head.

We've been talking for a little while when Uriah announces that the recording contract he got with his band in high school (a/n never continued that... oops) that they are starting their contract and Max (the producer) is throwing a celebratory concert / party tonight. We agree that we definitely have to go. 

We hang out at Starbucks for a while. A little before the party we leave to get ready at Shauna's apartment. The boys are just going as they are.

We get to Shauna's apartment and she loans us all dresses. We do each other's make up and hair like we used to do.

We leave for the performance and get there with 5 minutes to spare. We find the boys (minus Uriah) and stand with them. In a couple of minutes Uriah and his band are on stage.

"Hey guys, thanks for coming out tonight. We are going to play a couple of songs. This first song is called 'When I was your man'" Uriah says.

"Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

It all just sounds like oooooh...
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should've gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, ohh...
And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

It all just sounds like oooooh...
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should've gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

Although it hurts
I'll be the first to say that I was wrong
Oh, I know I'm probably much too late
To try and apologize for my mistakes
But I just want you to know

I hope he buys you flowers
I hope he holds your hand
Give you all his hours
When he has the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man"

When The song is done everyone starts cheering. Uriah's eyes scan the crowd. He finds me and keeps looking at me until the next song starts. 

They play 2 more songs until they are done. We stay at the club for a while. Around 1 we go back to the hotel. Will and Chris go to Chris's parents house for the night.

When we get back to the hotel room I can tell Daniel is mad.

"What's wrong?" I ask him after I change.

"You didn't notice?" He asks me

"Notice what?" I ask him.

"That sad song Uriah sang. It was totally about you. He was looking at you basically the whole time!" Daniel explains, getting more mad.

"I think you're over reacting." I tell him, crawling into bed.

"What ever." He says. He turns over and goes to sleep.

Was that song about me? Uriah and I have been friends now for 5 years since we dated. Does he still like me?