He nodded.

That's weird. After knowing each other, how can he become like this? He looks like he doesn't want to talk to me. For all I know, I didn't do anything wrong. But if I did, he must tell me.

He never stayed longer at the beanery. He never left a note at the bottom of the cup of coffee after he stepped out of the beanery. He wasn't doing what he did before we get to know each other's name. He was weird and I was getting crazy he didn't talk to me properly.

After doing all my responbilities at the beanery, I started packing my things. The clouds turned stygian and it became colder. I looked outside the tintless window of the beanery and it was now drizzling. Good thing I brought my jacket and bonnet with me.

Zipping my jacket on, I sighed deeply upon opening the door leading outside. I adjusted the bonnet on my head and placed my bare hands inside the pockets of my jacket. And it was now raining I had to run faster and look for an empty taxicab.

I found myself lurking under the empty bus station. I was shivering because I'm all wet from running under the heavy rain. I was pissed off! Not even a single taxi stopped in front of me because they were all full. And I was here waiting in a bus station though I really don't need a bus because the destination of it is not really to my place.

I embraced myself though I'm wet and could do nothing with it. Why is it raining so hard right now? The news didn't even alert it would be like a typhoon. It's been raining for almost an hour. I took my phone out which says 15% and soon its battery would die. Why on earth is there no service in here?

I can't walk nor run because it'd ruin my shoes which I bought earlier this month. I need someone to pick me up. If only I have a car, I wouldn't be stuck in here, freezing. I need to speed dial Phoebe to come pick me up but I have no service on my phone here.

Guess I'll need to stay here until it stops. But when, when I die because of freezing myself to death? I hope I stayed at the beanery and worked overtime rather than being here.

I saw a car heading towards my direction. Waving my hands for help, the car stopped in front of me.

I heard a loud bang of closing door and I saw a guy running towards me. He was wearing a hood and I couldn't clearly see his face.

He placed a jacket, though I already have a wet one, on top of my shoulders. He pulled me closer and we ran to his car. It was then I saw who just came to save me from freezing.

"Chuck," I said, my lips shaking from freezing.

He shook his head and ordered me to put my seatbelt on.

"What were you doing, Lauren?"

I looked at him in confusion. He sounded upset.

"What would you do if we didn't came across together? Die there?" he asked me in disappointment.

"Thanks for coming."

He was just driving though he didn't really know where he'll take me. I found a receipt on my bag. It was a receipt of a grocery I had last Saturday. Good thing it was still there.

I took it and sketched the direction that he needs to follow to reach my apartment. Then afterwards, I gave it to him.

"Please take me home, Chuck."

My eyes widened in shock when I saw him crumpled it. Then, he dropped it under the accelerator of his car.

"I thought we're friends, Lauren. You're having a hypothermia, I'll let him take care of you."

"Him?"

"I mean, I'll take care of you. Of course," he said while smirking.

"I need to go home, Chuck," I sighed heavily and yawned.