Chapter 33: Oh my God!

Start from the beginning

"Hmm?"

"Are you really that scared of elevators?" He asked.

"Yeah, i just don't know how i got this phobia. I have it ever since i can't remember." I told him fumbling my blazer to lessen the tension starting to build up inside me again.

"Did you, by any chance, got stuck inside just like this before?" He curiously asked, eyeing me intently.

I looked at him with furrowed brows and blinked quizzically, trying to figure out why he's asking me that question. "I don't know, i don't remember if i had, but..."

"But what?" He inquired, interested on what i'm going to say.

"I had a dream before, that i was stuck in an elevator with a boy."

"A boy?"

"Yes, but i don't know him and it was just a dream." I sighed remembering the sad dream i had when i was in the hospital.

"Dara.." He called me as i looked at his dark eyes and he stared down at me. "What if..."

I waited for him to continue but got interrupted when we heard someone from the intercom. "Hello...is someone there?" I felt elated and relief flooded my system knowing someone's out there to help us. Both of us stood up and Jiyong push the button to speak to the unknown person who tried to reach us.

"We're here. Please help us. We're trapped and the elevator is unstable." Jiyong answered and waited for the response.

"Ok, just relax and help is coming. How many are you in there?" The guy asked.

"Just two."

"Ok, Don't move too much. We still don't know if the elevator can hold the two of you."

"Ok, just hurry." Jiyong said as the line went dead again.

"Thank God they found us." I hugged Jiyong because of too much happiness. He stiffened, fell silent for a while and i realized why. "Oh, sorry. I got carried away." I said releasing him from the hug. He just nodded and then smiled at me. Gosh, is it me or he usually have an amazing smile. I felt my stomach twist, this time not because of hunger.

Just like what the man told us, help finally came for us. They instructed us what to do and eventually got us out of the elevator safely. I saw a lot of people outside. Ambulance, fire trucks and even the police force came to rescue us. Damn, its like a crime scene just happened and we were the victims or witnesses or whatever.

A lady holding a microphone with a labeled box attached to it signifying she's a reporter, walked over to us. Tagging along was his camera man who steady himself ready to shoot the interview. "We are here live in the actual scene where two citizens were trapped inside an elevator...." The lady continued with her introductions until she finally placed the mic in front of me. "Miss, Can you tell us what happened?" She asked and waited for me to answer.

"Uhh... We..we..." I stuttered, i'm really not comfortable with interviews like this. Seeing that i can't seem to form any human language, Jiyong abruptly spoke and explained what just happened earlier. I silently sighed and mentally thank him for doing that.

I looked at him while he answered every questions the lady reporter was asking and admired how he remained calm. As for the lady, she continuously gave Jiyong a flirtatious smile as she keeps on tucking her hair behind her ear. Jiyong didn't show interest though. He looks like he just wants to get this over with.

When they finally finished, i got startled when he suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and led me somewhere away from the reporters. Damn, that gave me goosebumps. My whole body tensed and quickly gazed at him. "I'l send you home, its not safe anymore." He said still not taking his arms off me.

We reached his car and immediately sped off from the place. The drive was silent until we arrived at my apartment. Clearing my throat, i started "Uhm..thanks again, for saving me back there...twice." I said, trying not to croak.

He shifted his gaze to look at me after he turned the engine off. "It was nothing Dara. I'm relieved nothing bad happened to us."

"And..i'm sorry if i over reacted. I was just..."

"Its me who should apologize Dara. To be honest, i intentionally came to your office to talk to you." He said as he twisted his body a little to my side to face me. "I'm sorry if i acted rude the other night. And i'm sorry if i...." He paused momentarily and looked the other way, though I didn't remove my gaze to him. "...lied to you." he added bowing his head.

"Its ok Jiyong, you don't need to apologize. I realized i wasn't in the position to accuse you of lying. You have a choice not to tell me. It wasn't my business to begin with." I said as i softly touched his arm. I don't know what came over me but my hands suddenly grew a brain and its now moving on its own. I immediately pulled my hand back when i realized what i just did. "Sorry..." I mumbled as he smiled at me.

"That was fine Dara. I wanted to be honest with you. I tried telling you many times but i just don't know how." He told me furrowing his brows.

"Why?" I asked not getting what he meant.

"Because i know you will stay away from me once you knew." He sighed and the crease on his forehead dug deeper.

"Jiyong, i'm not like that. I don't look at people base on their status in life, that's too shallow. Well, yeah, i sometimes hate rich people, but not all of them. But i hate liars more than anything else." I explained.

"I'm sorry." He said now trying to look at me. Meeting my eyes, i saw the sincerity in them. Again, i was lost in his gaze that even if i want to look away, i can't. His eyes were like magnets that once you tried searching it, you will lock yourself in a trance and its really a challenge to get out of.

He leaned closer, fixing his gaze upon me as i heard him say my name. "Dara..." He said. "I..."

My chest started to pound really hard. I think i even forgot to breath. "I what?" I asked, anticipating what he'll say next.

"I.....I..." He stuttered and sighed deeply afterwards. "I need to go..." He said cutting our eye to eye contact.

"Oh., ok." I said feeling a bit disappointed all of a sudden. Wait, disappointed? Why Dara? Are you expecting more than that? Aisht! "I'll go ahead then." I simply said smiling to him and softly cracked the door open. But before i could get out, i felt him tugged my arm, held my face with both hands and suddenly kissed me, on my LIPS! I was frozen on my spot as my eyes went wide. Its like my soul left my body and decided to just float around. When i thought it will never end, he slowly let go of me and its his turn to have the same reaction as i was, shocked. Its like, what he just did finally registered in his brain.

"OH MY GOD!!!" He said.

"OH MY GOD!!!!! THAT WAS MY FIRST KISS YOU STUPID MORON!!!" I yelled.

(Yeah, way to go Jiyong!)

-------//
A/N
Hey guys! Don't forget to vote and comment. Special thanks to hoonjun, sigourney17, TIPAN99, krizara03, amymendddd, yowyazzi, amp_fufu, kendra_09 and many more. Thank you for the continuous reads.

Nyce_gurl03