fairytale

M A Y A

  "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I flung the door open to Riley's room. She barely flinched and I just laughed. It was so typical of her to sleep late. It was eight in the morning and the wedding was at two in the afternoon, so she needed to get up and start getting ready.  "Riles!" I shook her a bit more frantically. I had slept over at the Matthews since Josh was throwing a bachelor's party at the joint apartment.

  "Wh-what?" She stuttered, flipping the blanket over her face.

  "You need to get up." I giggled. This was one of the last times I would get to wake her up and drag her somewhere. Farkle would take over that job. "It's your wedding day!"

  Finally, after lots of encouragement, the soon to be Mrs. Minkus got up out of her royal comforters. She pulled her hair up into a pony tail and slipped on her pink robe that read 'bride' on the back.

  We went downstairs to have our girls' breakfast with all the bridesmaids and mothers. Topanga and Jennifer sat in the corner reminiscing on their children's scrapbooks. They showed Isadora the photos and she looked at them all in awe, sipping her hot coffee.

  Topanga looked up and shut the scrapbook. "Well, look who finally decided to wake up!" Topanga laughed, embracing her young daughter. "Well, Riles, you should eat so we can start getting ready. Today is a big day!" 

  The doorbell rang and Jennifer hopped up. "I believe I know what that is." Riley raised her eyebrows at all of the girls but they just grinned ear to ear. "Looks like it's a special delivery for.." She glanced at the paper. "Riley."

  I laughed as Riley took the frappe and donuts along with a letter. That boy knew her better than anyone in the world. Except for possibly myself. Riley opened the letter and a necklace fell out into her hand. She smiled and then read the letter but I was too nosey for my own good. "Can you read the letter out loud, Ri?"

  Riley looked up and nodded. "Riley, I wanted to give you this. I picked this necklace out for you when we were only thirteen. I always hoped I would get to give it to you. Enjoy your breakfast. Wear this to the wedding. I can't wait to see you tonight. I love you. Love Farkle."

  I could tell she was overwhelmed by the emotions so I just pulled her into a hug. These were special days that neither of us would ever forget. 

R I L E Y

  "Riles, you look like you're from a page in a fairytale." Maya said to me, tears forming in her crystal blue eyes. 

  "Peaches, don't cry. Plus we will all be living together." I gave her a hug and she just smiled at me. "I love you so much." 

  "I love you too, honey." She handed me my bouquet and looked towards the Isadora. "You ready, girl?" She nodded.

  I grinned at Maya. "You ready, maid of honor?"

  "Yes, yes of course."

F A R K L E

  Standing on the platform, waiting for my beautiful bride was probably one of the scariest thing I could have had to do.  First came our little ring bearer and flower girl. Then came Zay and Isadora. Next came my best man, Lucas, and the maid of honor, Maya. 

  The doors swung wider, the people stood, and the wedding march began. There she was. My beautiful, beautiful bride. I waited my whole life for this moment.

L U C A S

  To see my best friends finally get married thrilled my heart. They are so perfect for each other and they have been since they were littles.

  "Do you, Farkle Minkus, take Riley Eleanor Matthews to be your lawfully wedded wife?" 

  "I do." 

  "Do you, Riley Eleanor Matthews, take Farkle Minkus to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

  "I do."

  "May I introduce, for the first time, husband and wife! You may now kiss your bride." The pastor instructed Farkle.

  He pulled her into a kiss and cheers went crazy in the little church. It was official, we were all married. Well, except Zay. 

  The pastor smiled, "Now, I introduce to you Mr. and Mrs. Farkle Minkus!"

M A Y A

  Watching my very best friend get married made me cry happy tears and sad tears. We were grown up now and I didn't want anything to change our relationship. Change was my biggest fear. Of course, for now, we will be all living together, but all the what if's rose in my mind.

  We all followed them out of the church and into their limo that was taking the bridal party to the reception first. I pulled Riley over, "I am so proud of you, Riles. You guys deserve the world!"

  She smiled and thanked me, then we were on our way. When we pulled in, it was an outdoor reception. Fairy lights were strung tree to tree and there was a wooden dance floor. Tables were set up around and daisies were placed on them. Everything was so.. them. I loved it.

  "It is so beautiful, Farkley." I heard Riley say, causing me to giggle. I love 'em, how could I not?

  "I know, Riles. I love it too, but not more than you, babe." He replied with a kiss on her forehead.

J O S H

  I sat sitting at a table with Cory, Topanga, and Auggie while we ate. Finally it was time to dance. I had to find my girl. I saw her across the room and ran over.

  "Maya!" I hollered, grabbing her and pulling her close. "Dance?"

  "Of course, boing." She grinned.

R I L E Y

  "It's time for the father daughter dance. Riley, Cory." The dj called out. 

  My dad took me by the hand and led me onto the dance floor. As we swayed back and forth, we talked and I thanked him for everything. "Daddy, thank you for being my teacher too."

  He laughed, "I always told you that you'd be happy I was." 

  "I guess."

  The song came to an end and Farkle walked out. The dj announced that it was time for the first dance. "Sir, may I cut in?" 

  My dad smiled, teary eyed. "Yes, son, you may. Take care of her?"

  "Forever and always" Farkle agreed, taking me by the waist and swaying back and forth. It was magical, the day we'd waited for forever. 

  "Farkle, thanks for marrying me." I said with a smirk.

  "No, Riles. Thank you for marrying me."

↠︎ 

  Finally, after a fun and eventful reception, it was time to leave. I gave a hug to my parents first, telling them goodbye and saying that I loved them so much Then, I hugged my close family and friends. I gave a hug to Maya.  "Peaches, thank you for helping today and for being my maid of honor. I'm so thankful for you."

  "Honey, I love you! You are welcome! Go have fun, okay?"

  "We'll try." I giggled.

  She ran up to Farkle and grabbed him by the collar. "Take care of my girl, Fark."

  "I will."

  "Guard her."

  "With my life."

  "Okay, have fun. But, not too much fun, Minkus."

  "Hmm, we will see about that, Hart."

  He winked at her and I giggled. 

M A Y A 

  Josh walked over to me and put a arm around me. "This is their happily ever after, and, this is our happily ever after. Loving you is like a fairytale."