aloha

After a romantic night and a twelve hour flight to Hawaii, Josh and Maya were getting off the airplane and entering tropical paradise. "I'm almost certain I can smell Hawaiian air from here." Josh said, waving his hands toward his face and they exited the plane.

  Maya chuckled. "I'm almost certain that you're just going crazy. We aren't even outside yet, Josh!" He rolled his eyes at her and they kept on. Maya looked up at the sign to see an arrow towards the baggage claim area. "Oh! We have to go this way if we want to get out bags."

  They walked out of the airport with their suitcases behind them. Josh breathed in the fresh air dramatically. "Ah, now I can smell the island air."

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ 

  The room they were staying in was absolutely perfect. Maya couldn't believe that Josh had pulled it off: the spontaneous wedding, the luxurious hotel for the night and now, this absolutely beautiful island resort on the shores of Oahu, Hawaii. Their hotel room had a balcony overlooking the resort's amenities, with a gorgeous view of the crystal blue ocean. It was lovely.

  "Maya, do you want to head down to the pool?" Josh asked sweetly as he packed their pool bag with the essentials: towels, phones, wallets, room keys, sunscreen and of course, snacks.

  "Yes, just give me a second!" Maya hollered from inside, causing Josh to chuckle. She was always late, wherever she went, no matter the time or day.

  It was the newlywed's first full day in Hawaii and although they were terribly excited to experience the island life, it was noon and they were just now up and ready. They arrived in the late evening, grabbed a bite to eat and went to bed. Let's just say they didn't get too much sleep. Josh laid down on the king size bed and switched on the television just to flip through channels. Maya walked out in her cute new swimsuit. It was white and the color made her look super tan. Her new husband couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

  He smirked and Maya playfully slapped him. "Come on, boing. Stop all the staring. The pool awaits!" She grabbed his shirt and dragged him down to the elevator.

  "You know, Miss Matthews, I'm really glad I married you." He pulled her close once they were in the elevator alone.

  She blushed. "And I am very glad I married you, Mr Matthews." She kissed his cheek.

  The elevator dinged, they got out and started walking over to the pool. The Hawaiian breeze was just perfect, the sun was glowing and people were everywhere.

  "Over there?" Josh asked, pointing to a beach hut that had two tanning chairs with umbrellas.

  "Ooh, it looks like a good spot for a perfect day!" Maya cheered. She skipped over to the beach hut, something that was very out of character for her. Having the new title as wife and having the opportunity to spend three days in paradise made her soul happy.

  Josh smiled as he walked over to her. Once they got to their spot, they laid out their towels and got everything set up. "Want me to go get us some pink lemonade?" Josh asked.

  "Oh, that sounds amazing. Yes, please!" Maya said as she pulled out her wallet to hand Josh some money. 

  He put the money back in her wallet. "Maya, my money is your money now. I got it!" 

  She smiled at the sweetness in his voice and lay back to soak up the sun. This was what she had waited for: her someday. While all the luxury was fun, she was just glad that she got to be a wife to the man of her dreams. It was the most amazing reality, although it seemed like a dream.

  "Here you go, m'lady." Josh said in a somewhat fancy accent as he handing her the iced pink lemonade. "I asked for extra sugar, because I know you like it sweet."

  She kissed him. "Yeah, I do like it sweet."

  The beach was beautiful and the day was amazing. They laid by the pool for hours and Maya's goal was to be so sun kissed by the end of the trip. Josh coated himself with ten layers of sunscreen repeatedly all afternoon, while Maya wore tanning lotion. 

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎

  Hours later, after spending the afternoon tanning and relaxing, Maya stood up to pack up their stuff. "Hey, it's seven, Josh. Want to go grab din-. Oh my goodness!" 

  "What, Maya? Ow!" Josh cried, clutching his body. His body was as red as a lobster and she could tell just how painful it felt for him to move.

  "You are fried! How in the world? You kept putting on sunscreen." He just shrugged as he stood up carefully, hobbling around. "Let's just go to the room. I'll order pizza and we can lather you in aloe. Riley packed some in case one of us burned." 

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎ 

  Maya set down the hotel phone after calling a pizza place. "Okay, a pepperoni pizza, breadsticks and a two-liter of mountain dew will be coming in twenty minutes. How are you feeling? Do you want me to put the aloe on you?" Maya asked.

  Josh was laying on his stomach, face down on the bed. "Probably best." He said, mumbling.

  She grabbed the aloe and walked over towards him. She climbed up on the bed by him and knelt by his back. "Tell me if I hurt you."

  "You won't."

  "Just promise." She didn't want to hurt him.

  "I'll tell you."

  Maya grabbed the aloe and began lathering Josh's back with it. "You're so fried, Joshua. I don't know if you can ever go in the sun again. Okay, flip."

  Josh slowing flipped and she began lathering his chest. She was leaning over top of him and he started laughing.

  "What is so funny, Josh?" Maya asked, confusedly.

  "Well, just was thinking that this is a really romantic way to spend our honeymoon." 

  "Yeah, I guess." She giggled. "But, you're worth it."

  He grabbed her and pulled her close, despite his agony of a burn. He kissed her lips softly and then.. knock, knock, knock.

  "Well, I guess the pizza's here." Maya smirked as she got up fast to get the door. "Too bad."

↠︎ ↠︎ ↠︎