Chapter 3: The Pursuit leads to a Confession

Chat Noir immediately starts to follow Ladybug. Seeing his figure behind her, Ladybug travels as fast as her yo-yo could carry her across the roof tops. Finally, she spots her roof to the bakery, flying even faster than before she bolts into her room. Transforming back into Marinette, she thinks as hard as she can in that moment to find the best hiding spot, knowing Chat will be there any second.

The closet? No, too obvious. Bathroom? No, too weird.
THUMP!

Oh no, he was already there. Before he burst through her hatch, she ran and slid under her bed, covering her mouth so he wouldn't hear her panting from being out of breath. That is until she gasps out of her forgetfulness. THE HATCH! It's unlocked, noooo!!!
Before she could complete her thought, Chat Noir sprung into the blue haired girl's room.

"MARINETTE!" Chat whisper-yelled.

It was a good thing her parents were out for the weekend to get supplies for the bakery, otherwise they would have been scared if they heard the big thump.

He was out of breath, as well, not wanting to lose his true love.

Staying as quiet as she could, Marinette was able to slow her breathes down a bit from underneath her bed.

Again, she hears Chat's voice. Or was it sobs?

"Mari...nette...please come out. I can't lose another....person...that I love. Marinette....please....where are you? Let's us talk, please. I'm begging you... I can't lose you!" Chat Noir desperately sobbed out.

He loves me? No, he only loves Ladybug. He could never love the clumsy Marinette, she thinks to herself.

Right then, Chat Noir speaks up again.

"Marinette. I may be talking to myself right now, but I need you to know the truth. I don't just love you because your Ladybug. I fell in love with Marinette, too, in my civilian life. Marinette, I love BOTH parts of you and I can't stand the thought of the possibility of us being parted. I love you, Marinette! I love you so much and it breaks my heart that there is a possibility you won't like me back, for who I really am and want to be. But, even if you don't like me the way I do you, please just don't leave me. My mother is already gone, my father barely pays attention to me, but you, you make me feel complete, Marinette. Please don't leave me because I just can't lose someone else that I deeply care about. I love you!!"

Realizing how much he means his words, Marinette thinks to herself for a moment.

I guess I wouldn't be able to live without Chat, no matter how much I convince myself I would. He is MY kitty. Adrien, well, I will get to him later. Marinette, you care about Chat, so own up to it now!

Finally, Marinette shimmys out from under the bed to face a tear-stained Chat Noir. Seeing her come out from her hiding spot, Chat launches himself at her to pull her into a tight hug, crying into her shoulder. Marinette then embraces back tightly and sobs into his shoulder, as well.