Confession

Imagine: Jack confessing his love for you.

"Caring just gets people hurt Jack." I whispered.

"I don't get it!" He yelled. "I told you everything, you told me everything. We trust each other. We care about each other. I told you..." He trailed off not knowing what to say. "Things. And you said them back. And now that I want to talk to you about it... You just pretend that it didn't happen!" He said pacing. He stopped and looked at me.

"Well... It did! I said and you did to. You said it yourself and now you just can ignore it!" I looked away from him and turned around. I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"I'm not good at words and definitely not talking about my feelings but... I love you. I really do. I feel so much better when I'm around you. I smile more and laugh more. But I need to know!" I turned back around. Shocked he just declared that he loves me.

"Can you love me without pretending?" He asked in a whisper his voice cracking.

What did I say. I mean. Did I love him. Did I feel the same. I didn't know.

"Jack... I-" I stopped talking trying to form words.

His face feel. Even I could feel his heart braking. He looked down in disappointment and said "I understand..." Just loud enough for me to hear.

It hurt me to see him sad. I knew that I didn't want that for him. I knew that I didn't want to hurt him ever again. I wanted to hold him and love him.

I wanted to love him. I wanted to love him!

"I love you." His head whipped around.

"You do?" He asked in astonishment.

"Yeah." I ran up to him and kissed him.

"I do." I mumbled into the kiss.

----------------------------------------------

I can't believe that this is done! I have been wanting to write a story like this for so long and have rewritten this like 6 times! I'm so pleased with it!