Comfort

Imagine: Jack awkwardly comforting you 😐

You had just been upset lately. There was no particular reason. But you were. You weren't smiling as much and laughing as loud and well... Just being you.

You hid it well, you smiled, laughed, and acted fine. But Jack could see that you weren't.

One day you were on the ship alone and just staring out at sea.(or so you thought you were) You just letting you emotions go while everyone else was off board you let a tear down you cheek. You had been holding it in for maybe a week now. And soon the one tear turned into a tiny quiet river.

You quietly sobbed, not loud just enough for you to let it out.

"I knew you weren't okay." You jumped at the voice. You turned quickly to see Jack standing there.

"Now why don't you tell me what's wrong luv." He said walking over next to you on the railing. He leaned and looked at you, signaling for you to speak.

You didn't speak though you just leaned on his shoulder and cried. Jack wasn't ready for you to actually respond. He figured you would just shake your head and say you were fine. You weren't one for talking about your feelings. So when you started to actually cry on his shoulder he just put his arm around you and patted your arm that was facing away from him, awkwardly might I tell you.

You knew he was awkward but that didn't stop you... You really need this. You turned and hugged him. He tensed but then relaxed and hugged back but he was still unsure of what to say. And as if you read his mind said "You don't have to say anything, just hug me and let me cry."

"Of course luv anything for you." And he hugged you tighter. You stood their for about 3 minutes until you stopped crying. You pulled back and dried you eyes with your hands.

"Thank you Jack. I needed that. I feel much better."

"If you ever need to just hug it out or even dare I say talk about your feelings-" you giggled. "Just come to me okay?"

"Okay." You said smiling. You then kissed his cheek as thanks and went to your sleeping cot. The crying made you tired.

You left Jack standing their with a hand touching his cheek where you kissed it.

"Anytime luv anytime."

Words: 398
Written: 09/02/16