Happily Ever After

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην RobThier

The art is done by me *advertises it shamelessly* and I really hope that Sir Rob will notice it sigh. It took me bloody long(and I screwed up Lily's hands) but I guess it's worth it because it turned out quite decent I think. Lily was inspired by Lily Collins and Ambrose was inspired by Matt Bomer.

*

The first 13 chapters are a series of one shots. After that is a sequel to Sir Rob's 'In the Eye of the Storm' book :D

I find the sequel better written so I would rather you guys read that XD

*************

"Caden!" I called out in exasperation as the tiny boy dashed past me in a fit of cheeky giggles.

"Stop right there and stand still, or else..." I threatened the child and waved his pants in the air, but he ignored me and hid under the dining table. What a surprise.

What did I ever do to deserve this?

"Caden!" A sharp male voice cut through the air, ceasing the boy's giggles. "Come out from under the table, now."

The painfully annoying but adorable kid crawled out from under the wooden furniture with a demure expression, however I knew better. That little wretch had a defiant sparkle in his stormy turquoise eyes.

He ruffled his coal-black locks and flashed a grin that promised trouble. Despite Caden being a splitting image of his iceburg resembling father, he had inherited what Ambrose liked to call my 'insufferable talent for irritating and riling up even the most patient of saints'.

Codswallop! I sincerely wondered what made him think that of me. I was the kindest and most well-mannered lady anyone has ever laid their eyes on, wasn't I?

"Put on your pants and shirt." The stone-faced tyrant next to me commanded in the same tone that he would use on his workers.

The underwear clad boy stuck out his tongue at his father and ran grumpily up to me. I had to suppress a wide grin when I saw Ambrose's little finger twitch twice.

Apparantly only two people in the whole of the British Empire had the guts to defy this financial magnate. Like mother like son. I couldn't help but swell in pride for my clothes-hating son. He was going to grow up great despite what everyone else said.

Caden whined as I forced his tiny limbs into the clothes that he detested.

"Me no like!" He garbled in broken English and wriggled his body as if trying to shake the clothes off.

"It should be: I don't like this." I corrected. He grumbled something in infantile language that didn't sound too polite.

I personally wouldn't have minded him running around in his birth day suit and shaking his naked butt at passers-by but for some queer reason, Ambrose protested adamantly.

Men with their irrational ideas and perverted sense of modesty. Firstly, women couldn't show off their ankles. Secondly, children couldn't prance around stark naked. If women were in the government, I was sure that the laws would be much more sensible.

Ambrose stood next to me, stiff and erect as always. "Why can't you get our son to wear his clothes?"

I placed my hands on my hips indignantly. "Well why don't you try forcing him into those horrid fabrics? After all it was your bright idea to get him to wear these things!"

His right pinky twitched again, thrice this time. Blimey! He must be all riled up by now.

"It's your responsibility because you are a wo―" My burning glare cut him off. He pursed his lips tightly in displeasure.