The One That Got Away

'' When the one that got away comes running back to you,
your first instinct would probably be to open your arms and welcome him back wholeheartedly.
You think he's there to stay for good which makes you fail to see what his real motives are.
You are blinded by all the things you could have been, that you thought of while you were apart.
You might even grab every chance you can to be with him and hear the music of his laughter along with the spark of electricity that still remains even as his love for you is gone.
Your failure to see the truth will eventually wear off and you will start to see things with a new pair of eyes.
You will start to realize that maybe the universe allowed you to be in each others' life not for a second chance at love, but a second chance at the closure you deserve.
You need to bury all the bad memories, broken promises, and pain, but keep the lessons learned.
After all, closing a previous chapter of you life makes anther chapter possible.
So when the one that got away comes back, you do not open your arms -or your heart- to them.
Instead, you open your eyes and see through their facade, not everything that comes back is meant to stay in your life.
You can't heal unless you let go.''