Chapter 7: Sanity

Start from the beginning

"Put something nice on." he said.

I sighed and looked through the closet and found a dark plum dress. "No, wear the black one." he said.

I huffed, "That's too tight." I said. He gave me a look and I pulled out the black, strapless fitted dress. To me it showed off too much and I hated the attention it might draw. I was about to pull out black heels but I pulled out red pumps instead. He nodded and I started getting ready. He took me to the hair salon earlier so my hair was wrapped. I took the pins out and combed it out.

"You have any Indian in you?" he asked me. I shook my head no. He nodded as my hair moved around with me as I walked to the bathroom and put on red lipstick and mascara and eyeliner. I walked back into the room and Kash looked me up and down.

"Every day you look better and better." he said. "Thanks to me." He said. I rolled my eyes and left the room to go sit on a stool in the kitchen. Kash followed me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Please don't touch me." I said to him with my heart in my throat. I hated him so much and wanted him dead so bad. I really do. I hope whoever is against him kills him the most horrible way.

"Don't be like that." he said. He kissed my head, "I'm about to go and shower. Answer the door if anyone rings the doorbell." he said. I nodded.

I stayed on the stool and heard the shower turn on. After a while I heard a car engine and got up to look out of the window. I saw black car that I didn't know the name of. But it's fancy. The door opened and I saw a guy get out. He had a golden bronze skin color. You can tell he's African American but somewhere in his ancestry someone was white. He was dressed nicely in a white v neck and a dark gray sweater that had light brown buttons that matched the pants.

He walked up to the door and rang the doorbell and I took a moment before I answered it. I opened the door slowly and when I did his eyes fell on me. Seeing him up close I saw his greenish hazel eyes that looked like they could smile forever. He wore a beautiful smile on his face and looked me over.

"Uh..." I started saying.

"Who are you, if you don't mind me asking." he said. He stuck his hand out and kept a smile. I stepped back nervously and then shook his hand.

"Cammie." I said to him. He kissed my hand.

"Nice to meet you Cammie." he said. "I'm Travis." he said. I nodded and I moved to the side so he could walk in. I closed the door and he walked straight in looking around.

"Where's Kash?" he asked me.

"He's in the shower." I said. He nodded and walked into the kitchen.

"What do you guys have to drink?" he asked me. I took down a glass and poured him a glass of wine that Kash put out on the table. "Thank you." he said as he sat on the stool.

"Have a glass with me." he said.

I shook my head no, "I don't drink." I said to him. I sat down before him and played with my hair a little. I kind of don't like meeting new people, it creeps me out. I only met Bonnie and London and I have only met them once.

"I hate being the first one any where. I'm not finna do this again." he said.

I listened to how Travis said things and decided to ask him something, "You're from down south?" I asked him.

Travis looked at me, "Yeah. Atlanta." he said. "What you're from down south?" he asked me.

"Oh, no I just did a study on the origins of southern accents." I said. Travis smiled at me a little and moved up and stretched his hands out.