6

Linda's POV:

I wake up and see the time is 5:04 am.

time for the first day of school

I couldn't sleep last night, all I could think about was Mario and the guy. His voice sounded so familiar but it couldn't be. Maybe it was nothing. Maybe I was overthinking. 

Maybe

Since I can't fall back asleep, I get up and decide to make myself useful by doing my hair. In no time, I come out ready, grab my backpack and head to the kitchen to get some cereal. I sit on the bar and eat my Fruity Pebbles while scrolling through twitter until it's time to leave. We start on the way to school and soon arrive. 

After the bell rings, I start on my way to my homeroom. The room is mostly full when I arrive since it is on the third floor but I find an empty seat in the back and see in front of me a girl about my age with pretty blonde hair. She turns around to put something in her backpack and notices me. I look up and am about to say something until I realized it was the one person I least expected to see at my school, none other than Catalina Selman.

''wait a minute, Cat!?" I ask shockingly.

''what the, Linda!!?'' she says as shocked as I am.

''oh my god, I didn't know you went here?'' I say still dumbfounded.

''I do now, my family moved last weekend'' she replies.

I nod my head and sit down. The teacher comes in and hands out our schedules after taking attendance.

Once the teacher finishes and we have a few minutes before the bell rings to go to first period, she turns around and says, ''I didn't think I would see you after that one day at the mall, that was crazy.'' 

you don't even know

''I'm so happy you are here, I finally have a friend.'' she says laughing.

''I'm so happy you're here too,'' I reply smiling at her.

After the bell rings, we compare schedules and find we have all of our classes together.

We make our way to Algebra while talking about our summers, mostly Cat talking about how fun POMS was. And I told her about my concert. The first two days are always boring in our classes so we just talked about random stuff and laughed at things on snapchat.

maybe this year won't be so bad after all 

*skips to after school*

I come into the house after my mom pulls up at the driveway and start to my room to take a nap before my mom calls out, ''you don't wanna be late again Linda, remember.'' I was about to question her when I realized I have work.

fudge

I get up and put on my white shirt and the starbucks hat and make my way to my mom's car so she can take me to work.

I enter the building and put on my apron while chit chatting with my coworker/friend Angela until I hear the bell go off. 

let's get this day over with 

Mario's POV:

we're finally back home, after moving and getting settled in, I actually really like it here in Texas. 

I was awakened this morning by Cat leaving for school. I couldn't sleep the night before. Since it's early anyways, I eat breakfast then go to my laptop and pull up my online classes for the day.

I'm in the middle of a review quiz for physics when I see a facetime call out of the corner of my eye on my phone. I get excited but then suddenly confused as I see it's not Wes10 but I answer anyways, putting my book down.

''um, hey man.'' I say quietly.

''look I know I'm an awful person, I am really sorry, you liked her before I could realize I did too but it's okay, I'll back off, that's what you do for friends, I really mean it bro'' he says leaving me shocked.

''Thanks man, I appreciate it. Honestly, it's really nothing. I don't know anything about her or the future but our friendship matters most, love ya pal.''

''you never know bro hahaha'' he says laughing.

''I need to wrap up this quiz but I'll see yall later pals.'' 

''Sounds good bro bye.''

I hang up and finish up my quiz real quick before I hear the door open and see Cat and Mom come in. We all sit at the table while mom serves lunch and my mom says, ''So Catalina tell us about your first day.'' 

Cat swallows a piece of her sandwich and says, ''it was actually really great, I have my great friend that I met a while back and she's the best, we have all our classes together and it's really nice.'' 

She responds, ''I'm glad you found a friend mija, is she from here?'' 

''Yup,'' she responds smiling. I interrupt and am about to ask about her classes when she jumps up and says, ''oh, Mario, guess what!" I take a drink from my water bottle as she says, ''she's the girl from the mall we met like a month ago, you remember.'' I instantly spit my water out and get it over the table mat. 

''Mario! Clean this up at once,'' Mom says as she gets her and Dad's plates and throws them away then start towards their room upstairs.

I stare at Cat and she laughs and says, ''So, I'm assuming you didn't know.''

''No dip Sherlock'' I reply unable to think.

''Sorry okay I'm just shook'' I say when Cat gives me a look.

''Well I may or may not be Captain Obvious but I think you still like her,'' she says smirking.

''Shut up Cat,'' I hastily say while I get towels and clean the water mess.

''Well, if you do or don't, I just wanted to let you know cause I remember how you were at the mall.''

I flush a little and say, ''Look it doesn't matter okay? That's nice but I'm good don't worry.''

lies  

and she knows it cause she says, ''mhm'' under her breath before leaving to her room.

I smile to myself as I put away my plate 

maybe there's hope after all 

thank you guys so much for reading !

comment, vote and add to your library, it would mean a lot :))

have a good day loves ♡

xoxo, Lindy