Try

Another few days passed by again and Clark was serious about convincing me. Zach didn't know what happened between us yet, and Clark and I didn't act like before. I became a bit closed when it comes to him because I was scared.

        I can see he was trying his best, mostly he would leave a cup of tea on my table, newly steamed and a little note on it. Written on it was sweet little things that make me smile.

        When we talk, he would give me his full attention. Sometimes I would eat alone in my office because there were times that I didn't feel like seeing Clark.

        Today I was in the hallway, walking to my office when I noticed a few people staring and glancing inside the room. I became curious. When I was near, they turned at the sound of my footsteps. I opened my door and there I noticed on my table was a bouquet of Magnolia and purple Dahlia flowers. My favorites.

        No wonder they were looking. With the face I have, I seemed like the person who's independent and not ready to have a relationship. The face that looks so serious and thinks relationships are too distracting.

        I walked closer to it and saw a card placed between the stems.

—Clark Kent

        I didn't even tell Clark anything about my favorite flowers, and here they were, placed on my desk, on top of my keyboard. He must have asked Zach for that.

        My heart fluttered and I felt myself smile.

        Then there were times that I doubt him, he could be forcing himself to love me. If he's like that, then I don't want it.

        It reached lunch time and I decided to eat lunch with Zach, he has been asking me what happened as he noticed that I've become distant to Clark and that he has been giving me these little presents. And that I've been eating without them.

        "He confessed to me," I quietly said. Ever since Clark has told me that he was Superman, I've become conscious of what I've been saying to Zach because of his hearing powers.

        "What?" He leaned to me.

        "He confessed to me," I repeated.

        His eyebrows quirked, "What's wrong with that? You've been waiting for him and now he confessed to you."

        I looked at him, "Can you speak softer, please."

        "Jade, he's far away from us, and he's on the line, ordering his food."

        "Zach, please. Just speak quietly."

        "Alright," he softly said, "What happened, Jade? Because the last thing I remember was you crying, because he left you after the two of you kissed."

        "He still has feelings for Lois."

        "What the fuck?" He loudly said.

        I hushed him, then I glanced to Clark who was waiting on the line.

        "Jade, he kissed you and he still has feelings for Lois?" He quiets down.

        "Yes. Then during New Year, after everyone left, we talked." I glanced once more to Clark, "He told me he loves me. Then he admitted that he's confused on who he loves more."

        "No wonder you kept your distance."

        I sighed, "I just... It's complicated, Zach. I love him, Lois loves him but she has feelings for Superman so her love for Clark is not truly... you know, really love him."