Assigned

"Jade!" Perry, my boss, yelled, "Come over here!" he said, walking inside to his office with a pile of papers in his hand.

        I stopped talking to Zach and we both looked over to him, "Looks like you have a new project." Zach said, lifting his hand that was holding a cup to our boss's office.

        I sighed, "What is it this time." I whispered. I turned to Zach and said, "I'll talk to you after I'm done over there."

        He nodded. I padded to the room, opening the door and stopped in front of him who was sitting already behind his desk.

        Perry started talking, "I have some work for you." he wrote something in a sticky note, "Get your camera, you'll be going to the new park that just opened."

        I nodded, "How many pictures?"

        "Many. As long as it's clear," he stated, handing me the piece of paper he was writing earlier. It was the address. Somewhere I didn't know.

        I narrowed my eyes and took it, "Why am I taking the pictures again?" I questioned him, my head tilted. There were times that I was the one who took the images even though there were other photographers in this building.

        "You're very artistic, Ms. Starly. You always take the best pictures." Ah, "And take Kent with you, he's the one who'll be doing the report." — my eyes widened a bit. — "After doing the job, you both can do whatever you want."

        "Alright." I nodded once again, gripping the paper and walking out of the door. Of course, when I do my job, there was someone who always go with me to do the report. I'm not complaining. But to take Clark with me? Definitely not complaining.

        I went back to the place where Zach and I talked. He saw me walking out, "So, what was it?" he asked, his eyebrows raised.

        I lifted the paper, waving it, "There's a new park. Need to take some pictures and I have to bring Kent with me."

        "Well, lucky you." He chuckled, "Don't look like you're not happy about it." I am more than happy.

        I smiled, "Of course, I am." my eyes glinting in excitement. It was rare for me to be partner with a hot guy.

        "Now go to his workplace and tell him the news." He laughed, the corner of his eyes wrinkled.

        I started walking to Clark who was busy typing, doing a report that he was assigned. When I was near him, I cleared my throat.

        He turned around at the sound and his eyes fixed on me, smiling, "Hi, Jade."

        I bit my lip, "Our boss told me that I have to take you with me to the park that just opened." I gave him the paper that was a bit crumpled. I was holding it a bit tightly.

        "Right now?" He read the paper, "Wait. You said you're not a reporter." his tone in confused, looking at my brown eyes.

        "Yeah. And yeah, he told me that I'll be the one to take the pictures since I take the 'best' ones and he told me to take you with me because obviously, I'm not a reporter." I playfully rolled my eyes.

        He chuckled, his eyes shifted to mine, "Alright. Isn't this like forty minutes away from here?" he asked, addressing to the piece of paper he was holding.

        "Forty? I don't know. I don't know the place." I shrugged. I didn't go out much, even with Zach. I only knew some places.

        He laughed, "Good thing I'm coming with you then."