Remarks; part one

"Watch it!" I hissed at the person who bumped into me, making me stop on my tracks as I stumbled back a bit. I glared at the person. I was busy fixing the files on my hands.

        It wasn't rush hour, so there were only a few people on the streets. Thinking that I wouldn't bump into someone since there were big vacant spaces around myself.

        I felt like this woman did it on purpose.

        It was too early for this. With a bright day and cool wind rubbing against my skin, it was already pissing me off.

        "Oops, sorry," said the woman without the sincerity on her tone, shifting her eyes in front of her as if I wasn't even there. That made me even more irritated. Then she finally decided to glance at me, noticing the look on my face, it made her scared, "I mean I'm so sorry! I was looking on my phone." Trying to make a petty excuse.

        She should be, because I didn't want my day to be ruined and get scolded by my boss when her drink almost spill on my shirt and my important files.

        Of all the things. A phone. Whenever I use mine, I can still see the things around me, I mean, you're not holding big papers that almost cover half of your vision unlike her holding a small mobile.

        But when I looked at her hand, it wasn't even on, so in other means, she was just holding it and can see what was happening around her.

        I think she was trying to look tough, walking around like she owned the lot, but my neutral face beat her to it, since she bumped into me, it looked like I could murder someone.

        She couldn't stutter a word, she stumbled back and the woman ran off with her heels clicking along the pavement.

        "Fucking bitch," I muttered and continue walking to the place I work at, my flats marching against the ground.

        I didn't bother continuing organizing the messy files on my arms, I'll just do it when I reach my office.

        I was almost near the main door when I heard someone's footsteps jogging next to me. I turned my head to the sound and saw Clark Kent.

        "Hi, Ms. Starly," he greeted, his blue eyes appear brighter.

        I raised my eyebrows and my anger subsided for a while.

        "Hello there, Clark." I smiled, amused that he called me by my last name in such formality even though I insisted him yesterday to just say my first name, "You know you can just call me Lauren or Jade, your choice."

        He smiled in return, "Alright. Are you fine, though?" he questioned me.

        "I'm quite fine," I lied, "Why?"

        "You looked like you're having a bad day already before I jogged here."

        "It's just—" I shrugged, "some woman fucking bumped into me like she owned the place." I was pissed again, my teeth grinding. Before you bump into some random stranger, know who you are dealing with. Or better yet, don't bump anyone on purpose.

        He raised an eyebrow when he heard me cursed the woman.

        I noticed his reaction and commented on it, "And yes, I curse, that was very unladylike." I rolled my eyes. He may be handsome but I'm not going to hide the fact that I act that way.

        He just smiled sheepishly, obviously not trying to offend, "No, it's alright, really."

        We continued our way inside the building, going through the elevator with other people. Pressing the floors they were going, same as Clark and I.