Friendly Drink

Few days passed by quickly and Clark decided to invite me during our break time to have a friendly drink with him down the streets. Claiming that he wants to know more about myself since we've become friends.

        I was flattered, no one has done that to me, usually, if there's someone I want to get to know. It was just inside the building in the pantry.

        There was nothing much to say about myself, I was the type of person who doesn't go out much and like to keep in her solitude as that was what I was used to. Just another way of saying how dull my life was.

        We were walking side by side as we padded on the sidewalk.

        Sadly, Zach can't join us because the report that he was doing was today's deadline so we just wished him a good luck.

        As we walked, we talked about our life and how we ended up working in Daily Planet.

        Just the basic information, Clark was definitely a great guy and I sometimes blush whenever he takes a glance at me when we talk.

        I mean who wouldn't, walking beside you was a handsome man taking you out for a friendly drink.

        He told me that he noticed me as he looked around on his first day, maybe that was how he knew that we were on the same floor.

        He confessed that I looked like someone just angered me.

        I laughed and said, "It was just what my face usually looks like."

        "You should start smiling more, it really suits you." He smiled as he looked at my mine when I laughed. Feeling the blood rushed up into my cheeks.

        With the grin still on my face, I shook my head at his comment, not because I disagree.

        He just laughed at my reaction.

        Spending time with him was incredibly comfortable, as if you can just come out of your shell and do whatever you want and he'll just laugh it off your silliness and might even join you.

        "How come you have your own office?" Clark asked suddenly in curiosity.

        "Well," I shrugged, "I have a lot of different versions of every project put to me, and I have to keep them all in case of using it in a different project. And it was quite a mess and in need of bigger space. So, yeah."

        He nodded and returned back to our previous topic a while ago. If there was even a topic, it was just random.

        When we finally reached the cafe, we chose our spot next to the window, taking a seat on the soft brown chair with Clark across of me.

        Then it started to get personal, not too fast that it will get you so uncomfortable.

        We started talking about our love life, unfortunately, I didn't have anything to say that much, so I started first.

        "How about you? Any girlfriend that I should be aware of? She might get jealous and attack me." I laughed again, but I was secretly hoping that he had none.

        As I said that, I read through the menu and found my favorite drink.

        "I actually don't," hearing that reply made me smile bigger, making sure that he didn't notice it, "But I have feelings for Lois Lane." then again, my smile faltered. Everyone seems to like Lois. She was already famous for finding out about Superman, and now she has become a celebrity of some sorts in the building.