Chapter 16: Dealing

Hailey's P.O.V

The car stopped and I gave a small nod to them so they could alight.

I haven't done this in awhile, I guess Blake got me busy.

I shrugged and looked at the place we were meeting them which was at one of my clubs.

As we walked to the entrance, the bouncers bowed their head in respect and I nodded at them and made my way up to the VIP lounge and was about to get stopped by one of the bodyguards but as soon as they saw me, they shrunk back and bowed their heads too.

As soon as I entered the lounge, I signalled whoever was inside to get lost and they immediately scrambled out of the lounge.

I sat down on the couch and stared at the door, waiting for whoever I was meeting to show up and they did after 2-3 minutes which I was relieved by because I just wanted to go straight home and watch some Netflix.

As I stared at the figures who walked in, they looked familiar as hell but I cannot be sure because of how dark the lounge was.

But I was so sure after he spoke.

"Hailey?"

"Blake?"

He came over to me but he couldn't even reach me because the baseball guys came over and blocked me while Ethan wrapped his arm around me waist and pulled me towards him.

"Don't go near her." They spat as they glared at Blake and he glared back.

"She's my girlfriend. Why can't I go near her?" Blake growled out and my heart fluttered at the thought of him being my boyfriend.

"Everybody calm down." I murmured and pushed the guys gently aside.

As soon as I reached Blake, he grabbed me and hugged me tight.

"Mine." He growled and placed a kiss on my neck.

"B-Blake. Let go. I need to go through with this deal." I mumbled against his chest.

I didn't really care about the deal but everybody was looking at Blake "marking" me as his.

He growled and held me tighter then glared at Ethan.

"Who is he?" He growled lowly in my ear.

"He's my childhood friend." I mumbled.

"Keep your distance from him before I kill him. Is that understood?" He spat with venom.

I nodded my head since I didn't want him to be more angry.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled and his eyes snapped to mine.

"Don't be." He gave me a small smile and kissed my forehead.

As I looked in his eyes while returning a smile, someone cleared their throat forcefully.

"Let's get on with the deal shall we?" I heard Brittney say.

I wanted to kill her ruining the moment but I knew we couldn't dodge the real problem at hand now.

"Right. Let's get this over and done with." I cleared my throat and nodded towards the table.

...

"No, if we join your gang, we must get protection and half of the properties you own." Blake stated as he clenched his fist and gave me a hard glare.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Blake. Your gang is in trouble and without my protection, you know what will happen to your gang."

"I know what will happen. But if I don't get my share on your properties, then my gang is as good as nothing."

I looked into his eyes and he looked pained as if if he didn't get his shares, everything his dad built will just be gone to waste.

I knew I couldn't give in to him but I could compromise.

"I can give you a quarter of the properties I own." I shrugged.

"Sounds like a deal to me."

"So, for my protection, you will hand the gang over to me and I'll give you half of my properties." He nodded as if confirming the situation.

"We have a deal Miller." I shook his hand and pushed a contract paper to him and he signed it.

Looks like I did it.

...

"How could you give half of your properties to Miller?!" Dad shouted at me.

"Stop shouting. We had to at least meet half-way and you knew it. I bet you told me to do this deal just so you can blame it on me and not on yourself." I rolled my eyes and walked up to my room where I slammed my door and changed into a large comfy shirt and booty shorts.

"Princesa." I looked over to the window and wasn't surprised at all when I saw Blake.

"Blake..." I whispered and he walked closer.

I stood up and walked up to him and he immediately grabbed me into a tight hug.

"I'm so done." I mumbled against his chest as I snuggled closer.

"Why? What's wrong?" I shook my head to answer him.

"Nothing. Maybe I'm just tired."

I was tired of handling the gang but I didn't say that out loud.

I wanted to tell dad that I didn't want to do this anymore, well, just for now. This gang dealing shit is making me mentally exhausted and no amount of sleep would help my mental health.

Even though I hated dad, I knew I couldn't say that to him.

He'll be disappointed with me and I didn't want that.

I was still his daughter and for me to hear that he was disappointed with me was truly heartbreaking.

No daughter wants to hear their own father to be disappointed with them. No matter how much you hate him, no matter how much you ignore the fact that he is your father or how you just ignore his existence, he was still your father.

That was the sad truth that I have come to acknowledge and sometimes I would just want to ignore it and just tell him upfront that I don't want to do this shit anymore but no. I held myself back because I knew he was shaping me. I had to become strong one day if I had to take over the Mafia and I'm not taking any chances of me failing.

I felt my eyes flutter shut as I breathed in his scent.

"Why don't you just sleep?" Blake mumbled against my hair.

"Sleep with me?" I looked up at him with sleepy eyes and he nodded, giving me a light kiss on my forehead.

He took off his shirt and laid down on my bed which by the way was hot but I was too tired to gawk at him.

I laid down next to him and laid my head on his chest and wrapped my legs around his thigh.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me flush against him.

"Good Night Princess." I smiled at the pet name and dozed off slightly before replying.

"Good Night Blake." I kissed his chest and fell into darkness.