Ch. 54 Leap of Crazy

Start bij het begin

            I told everyone to leave nicely and called to max through my mind.

            Max? Max you there?

            Yes I’m here. Are you ok?

            Can you come and just stand with me please. I don’t want to be alone.

            It only took him a second to show up at my side. I didn’t hesitate to put my arms around him in a hug and he didn’t pull away, but brought me closer to him. I calmed down a little inside from inhaling my demigods’ scent. I closed my eyes and Max smoothed out my hair.

            How are you going?

            I don’t think I’m alright.

            How are you feeling? I know it’s your- well your time of the month.

            My guts and head hurt. It will pass in a few days though, so don’t take anything too personal if I sound harsh.

            I’ve been around women for hundreds of years, but thank you for the warning.

            I smiled at Max’s playful tone and buried my face into him chest again. The warmth I obtained from him felt so nice. It was like I was coming alive again tiny bit by tiny bit.

            “Isn’t this cute. The Viking isn’t even dead and you’re making a move on her already Maximus.”

            “Hades! What do you want?” Max snapped at the god. The male that stood before us was very handsome indeed but had a devilish attitude about him. His hair was brown and wavy, his skin a nice tan, his eyes were a piercing green, and he was as tall as Eric.

            I let go of Max to face him. “What do you want?” I asked with a no nonsense tone.

            Hades smiled slyly at me and stepped closer. I didn’t budge but Max went to stand in between us. “You don’t get the privilege to stand so close to her.” My friend’s voice was very protective and even shocked me a little bit.

            “Always the same Maximus. Any who- I was just coming here to be a good member of society and to tell you Eris knows where the blade is.”

            I quirked an eyebrow up, “Why are you telling us this?”

            Hades gave an exaggerated puff. “Because I don’t want the world to die, duh.”

            I could almost laugh at his response to me but Max wasn’t having any of it. “Do you know where it is then?”

            “That I do not know. Good luck and act quick because she will.” When his lasts words left his lips he vanished and it was just Max and I standing there.

            “Well this kind of sucks.” My shoulders slumped and I felt even more tired.

            “What do you mean?”

            Pulling my head up, I looked at Max who seemed perfectly calm now that Hades was gone. “I mean we don’t know where the blade is. Plus we gave those other two pieces of the sword to my mom and my Uncle Apollo and no one is supposed to come down here or go up there. We’re screwed. I can’t believe I’m actually saying it out loud.”