In other words, she was completely and royally fucked.

Switching her gaze quickly back to Shaun so as not to make it obvious that she wanted to stay with Justin, she nodded her head. “Yeah,” She stated, the smallest tremor visible in her voice. “Of course.”

A wicked grin spread viciously up Shaun’s face. “Good.”

Allie began crossing the pool towards where Shaun was, gliding through the water and trying her hardest not to look back at where Justin was still standing.

Once she reached the edge, she pulled herself out of the water without hesitation, taking a few shaking steps towards Shaun and shooting him a nervous smile.

He didn’t return the gesture.

Instead, he reached out and grasped her arm with his hand, clenching it with an iron-like grip that made her silently gasp.

Due to the darkness, Justin couldn’t see the way Shaun was gripping Allie’s arm, and he hadn’t been able to see the obvious pain she’d just been immersed in.

“Let’s go, babe.” Shaun growled in a nastily commanding tone of voice. And, gripping her arm even tighter, he began to lead her away from the water park and back in the direction of their hotel. 

She didn’t dare turn back around to look at Justin.

All she could do was reflect miserably on the situation she’d landed herself in now and how she wished she could have at least said good-bye.

At the moment, she was terrified.

She had no clue where they were going or what Shaun was thinking about doing once they got there, but she was certain that whatever it was would be miserably painful for her.

Once they’d gotten a short distance away from the pool, she felt Shaun lean down closer to her and suddenly, she felt the unmistakable presence of tension thicken tenfold around them, closing in on all sides and practically suffocating her. “It’s a good thing none of that makeup washed off in the water.” He hissed evilly, a satisfied smirk plastered across his face as he reached one finger out and gently ran it along her cheek. “If it had, I would have been even less happy than I am already.”

Allie gulped, staring straight ahead of her with wide eyes and choosing not to comment. 

Fear had already engulfed her enough to the point where she could barely function, anyway.

Shaun didn’t speak again all the way back to their hotel room, only further deepening the pit of terror and despair that Allie felt cast into.

When they reached the door of their room - much too quickly, in Allie’s opinion, who had semi hoped that they’d run into someone along the way who might save her - Shaun withdrew his key card and thrust it roughly into the slot, setting his jaw with obvious anger.

Shivering slightly from being wet in the midst of cold air conditioning, Allie waited fearfully as Shaun shoved the door open upon unlocking it, turning to give her a death glare once he’d do so.

“Get inside.” He ordered, his order full of menace.

Allie quickly obeyed, walking past him without a single hesitation.

She heard the door slam moments later and she winced, her tiny hands curling into fists at her sides as she anticipated what was going to happen next.

Before she could so much as analyze the situation, she felt Shaun grab her wet hair and yank it backwards, pulling her roughly around to face him.