Raise a Glass (lams rant)

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING!!!!!

In satisfied, Angelica was the one who raised a glass and toasted Alexander and Eliza's marriage. She also toasted the new nation ["to the union/to the revolution"]. John Laurens raised a glass to freedom for the nation in The Story of Tonight. He does it again in the Reprise as a joke to say he would never see freedom again now that he was married. He still toasted Alexander and his wedding.

We all know Angelica and Alexander had their romance, so I don't have to expand on that. So let's talk about Laurens.

We all know about their letters. How very not-so-platonic they were and how a good bit of them were censored and even destroyed. It's highly insinuated they had some kind of romantic relationship. I'm not being biased, these are facts.

In the play, Angelica is raising a glass to give Alexander to Eliza instead of having him to herself. Laurens says he'll never see freedom again now that he's married. Laurens also gave up Alexander to Eliza, and was probably pretty salty about it. Both Laurens and Angelica toasted Alexander while giving him away, still remaining close to him. That's what they have most in common!

Angelica loved Alexander, so chances are Laurens was the exact same way!

CASE CLOSED!!!!!

LAMS IS REAL!!!!!