Chapter 39: The Coronation

A/N: *rocket lands and I step out* Hey peoples

Ghost Writer: *from under table* Hello

Me: What are you still doing under there?

Ghost Writer: Hiding from the scary readers you left me to deal with *glares at me and readers*

Me: Eh, they mean well

*angry mob sounds getting louder*

Ghost Writer: Do they mean well?

Me: Just move over and keep quiet. So before the angry mob gets here, I give you....... THE LONG AWAITED (if, like two days, is that long)..... NEXT CHAPTER!

Clockwork's POV

I stared at the motionless body of my young apprentice. My friend. The boy I saw as my own son. I let this happen again. And Vizier was always the cause. This is my fault. I wasn't able to save Serenity and now I wasn't able to save Danny.

More ghosts pushed through the crowd to see, one of them being Nocturne who was being supported on either side by Ghost Writer and Skulker. "What is going on?" Nocturne asked, pain audible in his voice. Vizier must have hit him pretty hard.

I pointed to the center, where Danny was surrounded by his friends. Nocturne looked at them then back at me, "I still don't understand." Attention slowly began to draw towards the two of us. I frowned, "Danny is gone Nocturne! And it's all my fault."

Nocturne snickered then clutched his chest. "He's not dead," the Elder Spirit told me. And apparently almost everyone else heard as well. "I can hear his heartbeat. It's faint but there," Nocturne told everyone. Jazz pressed her ear to Danny's chest. Her tears began to start anew but she had a joyous look on her face, "He's right! I can hear it. But it's getting slower."

Fright Knight moved closer to Danny's body. "Clockwork, Nocturne, anybody! What can we do to save him? Please!" Jazz cried as her brother's heartbeat grew fainter. "Look for a little black box," Fright Knight told her. The girl looked at Fright Knight, "What?" "A little black box! Or a pendant with his symbol on it!" he lightly shouted.

Danni, Sam, Tucker, Jazz, and even Cujo and Wulf helped Fright Knight search for the little black box or pendant he described. "Time Master! You are wounded!" Frostbite cried rushing over to me. He tore off pieces of his cape and tied them around my right shoulder and upper arm. Cujo barked suddenly, holding the black box between his teeth.

Fright Knight took it from Cujo and opened it, revealing a white pendant on a silver chain. The pendant held Danny's trademark symbol on it in black. Fright Knight slipped it over the boys head and rested the pendant over his chest. Fright Knight sat back and waited.

Nothing happened.

"No..... no no no! This was supposed to work!" Fright Knight cried. Before anyone could ask him what the pendant was, a bright light emitted from the pendant. It filled the room with white light and Danny began to levitate above the ground. He floated to the center of the room as the walls, steps and even the throne began to repair themselves. The floor shifted beneath us and the castle vibrated with life.

The light from the pendant dimmed and Danny began to fall to the ground. Fright Knight raced past me and caught Danny just before he hit the ground. Danny's friends, Cujo, Wulf, Ember, Johnny, Kitty, Frostbite, Pandora, Queen Dorathea and I rushed over to the ghost knight.

Fright Knight gently set Danny down on the ground. Jazz rushed beside him and placed her brother's head in her lap. She brushed his white bangs out of his face, "Danny?" she whispered. No response. Tears began to flow from her eyes again. Suddenly, Danny groaned. "Ugh, anybody get the plate on the bus that just hit me?"