Chapter 12: The Secret is Out

Sam's POV

After hopping on our scooters, Tucker and I raced to City Hall to go see Mayor Masters. We parked our scooters and ran up the steps. Once we got in the door I peered around the corner, there was one secretary at the desk.

"Tuck," I whispered, "Cause a distraction."

Tucker whipped out his PDA and began typing. Phones began ringing on the secretary's desk and in the confusion we were able to slip by unnoticed. We raced down the white halls and barged into the Mayor's office where Vlad Masters (a.k.a Vlad Plasmius) was doing paperwork. He raised his head to look at the two of us,

"Ah, Ms.Manson, Mr.Foley. To what do I owe this pleasure?" Vlad said resting his elbows on the desk and folding his hands under his chin.

I pulled out the wrist ray I keep in my pocket for emergencies and slapped it on, aiming it at Vlad. "What have you done with Danny?!" I questioned.

Vlad raised an eyebrow, "If something has happened to Daniel I assure you I had nothing to do with it."

"Don't play dumb old man, we saw Fright Knight take Danny from behind Nasty Burger. Where are you keeping him?" Tucker interrogated.

Vlad looked genuinely confused. He stood up smoothing out his crisp black suit, "If Fright Knight took Daniel as you claim, I had nothing to do with it." He walked around his desk and towards us, "Now, I do believe it is time for you children to leave before I call security and have you arrested for threatening me."

He pushed us out of his office and promptly slammed the doors shut behind us. "Do you think he's telling the truth?" Tucker asked me.

I shook my head as I removed the wrist ray, "I don't know, but something is definitely going on," I replied as we walked out of the building more determined than ever to figure out what was going on.

Vlad's POV

I sat back down behind my desk, thinking over what Daniel's friends had just told me. Fright Knight had taken Daniel? I had only ordered him to spy on the boy, not interact. Fright Knight was not one to disobey orders. Something else was at work here.

I reached into my suit and removed a key. I used the key to open a locked drawer in my desk. Inside the drawer was a communicator. I turned it on, "Skulker, are you busy at the moment?" I spoke into the comm.

"No, Plasmius," the hunter responded.

"Good, I need you to come to my office right away," I instructed.

Skulker phased into my office in less than 20 minutes. "Skulker, have you ever known the Fright Knight to disobey orders?" I asked.

"No, from what I know Fright Knight is always loyal to his master and does whatever he bids. Fright Knight rarely does what he desires unless he has no master or it involves his sword," replied Skulker.

I stroked my chin in thought, "Interesting, because according to his little friends, Daniel was taken by Fright Knight not too long ago."

"That doesn't seem like him," Skulker added.

I nodded, "Has there been any changes in the Ghost Zone Skulker? With Fright Knights Lair, or just in general?"

"Now that you mention it," Skulker said crossing his mechanical arms, "There has been a change with his lair. Ever since the defeat of Pariah Dark, it had been inaccessible to other ghosts. You can't get within 70 ft. of it. But just earlier this week I spotted the welp enter the castle along with a purple cloaked ghost."

I stood up fast and slammed my hands down on the desk, "And you didn't think to tell me this!" I shouted.

Skulker took a small step back, "It wasn't my job to babysit the welp. Fright Knight was doing that."

I sat back down, "You're right. Fright Knight was following Daniel everywhere and reporting back to me." I flipped through my files, "When was this?"

"A few days ago," Skulker replied.

I sighed and smoothed down my now messy hair, "I need specifics Skulker."

"Tuesday I think," Skulker replied after a moment of thought.

I flipped through and found Fright Knights report from Tuesday. It said nothing about him even being in the Ghost Zone. "Something isn't right here," I thought aloud.

I pressed a button on my desk that revealed a hidden monitor. It was used for my Vlad-Bot spy bugs I had flying around the Ghost Zone. I tapped into the one closest to Fright Knights lair and directed it to go towards the castle. I checked the distance as the camera flew closer. 60 ft. 'Hah, I knew my Vlad-Bots would come in handy' I thought.

Then the image began going fuzzy as it got closer and closer to the castle. I saw something flash on the screen then go dark. I tapped multiple buttons but it didn't respond. I reversed the video a bit, just before it cut off.

"Can I go now?" Skulker questioned.

"One moment," I replied annoyed. I brought the image into focus and was shocked at what I saw. "You may go Skulker, but do me one favor," I told the hunter.

"And what would that be?" he asked.

I sat back in my chair staring at the grand black castle with it's paused flags that held a familiar emblem on the screen, a smug grin on my face.

"Spread the news of the new Ghost King."

A/N: *gasp* VLAD KNOWS!! How will this affect Danny? Who knows (me heh heh). So anyways, sorry about not updating for a while. I've been on vacation but I'm back now!! But the next update may not be out until later this week if not early next week (sorry). <3