Chapter 7: An Unsettling Discovery

Clockwork's POV

He was going to be exactly 3 minutes late. That would put what was to come behind schedule a few seconds but nothing too serious. I floated around my chamber staring at the screen/portal that showed me the timeline.

I stopped, and floated down so I was staring directly at it. Waving my hand across the giant screen I began to watch. I was watching my young apprentices life. His life was always a little hard even from the moment he was born. Then came 'The Accident' as he calls it.

I smiled as I watched him fight and protect the people he loved and cared for and even those whom he despised, because he knew it was the right thing to do. I watched the battle where he fought Pariah Dark, where he fought his alternate self.

I could honestly say I was proud of him, he had told me before that I am like a father to him, and I think of him as a son. I knew he was to become King when he was older and so I began to watch his future.

The day of the coronation, him flying around the castle, he still hadn't told his friends or family by this point which I was concerned about but I would not interfere, it is his choice after all. I was watching him write up a peace treaty when suddenly the screen went dark.

Confused, I reversed in time slightly to his coronation day but just before he sat on the throne the screen went dark again. I tried this repeatedly and kept getting the same results, nothing. Normally the only timelines I cannot see are those of ancient ghosts such as myself, the Observants, and Fright Knight. This was bad, I could no longer see Danny's future, meaning one of two things.

Another ancient ghost has gotten to involved in Danny's life and is somehow blocking my vision, or Danny's future is about to be cut short all too soon.

A/N: I know this is a shorter chapter than what I usually write but I just wanted to write a Clockwork only POV chapter. Anyways, I really hope you guys are liking this so far. It'd be nice to hear your thoughts on it. So I guess I'll see you in the next chapter.