Chapter 30: All Hail the King

A/N: What's this? TWO UPDATES?!?! Yes I know I shouldn't have but the angry mob was getting a little too angry.

Angry mob: HEY!!

Me: What it's true. Anyways enjoy!!

Danny's POV

School had gone relatively well. I was able to get to all my classes on time, avoid Dash, and only fought the Box Ghost 2 times. By the time the end of the day arrived I was in a pretty good mood.

Sam, Tucker and I had said our goodbyes so now it was just Fright Knight and me walking back to Fenton Works. I looked over at my invisible bodyguard. "Fright Knight? Are you ok? You've barely said anything this entire time," I said. Fright Knight and I had gotten pretty close in the time he'd been my bodyguard and we usually had nice conversations when I walked (or flew) home. But today he had been unusually quiet.

"I am fine my Prince, just thinking," Fright Knight replied. I raised an eyebrow, "About?" Fright Knight didn't respond. I shrugged and saw the bright neon sign come into view. I glanced behind me to check on Fright Knight and saw that he had stopped. I walked up to him, "Fright Knight? Are you sure you're ok?"

Fright Knight looked at me, "Yes I'm fine, but there is some business I must attend to." With that he removed his sword and sliced open a portal. "Fright wait a second!" I called but he had already stepped through the portal and it closed behind him.

I was utterly confused but shrugged it off. Fright Knight would be back later and explain. I walked the rest of the way to my house. I walked up the steps and was just about to reach the front door when I felt a surge of energy release from my core. I clutched my chest and suddenly found myself being lifted up into the air by two pairs of invisible hands.

I was carried all the way to the roof of my house and was roughly dropped there. I landed hard on my stomach and got the wind knocked out of me. "Hello Prince Phantom," an all too familiar voice said.

I pushed myself up onto my hands and knees, "Vizier," I growled, "What is the meaning of this."

"Is it wrong for a teacher to check up on his student now and then?" Vizier said in mock innocence. I got onto my feet, "Why are you here?" I demanded. Vizier began to float circles around me, "I've been hearing that you are having second thoughts about taking the throne."

The pain in my core returned. I clutched my chest as I replied, "Yeah, I'm not sure I'm right for the throne." Vizier stopped directly in front of me and focused his blood red eyes on me. It could have just been the light but I could swear his scar was glowing as well, "I know for a fact you are destined to rule."

I groaned as the pain increased, "What... makes you.... so sure?" I managed to say. Vizier roughly grabbed my right wrist, "Because if you don't, then all my plans will be for nothing." I gasped as the pain disappeared and I transformed into my Ghost Prince form.

I yanked my wrist out of his grip and tried to fly away, only to be tackled back to the roof and pinned there by an unseen force. "Tsk tsk Prince Phantom, that is no way for a future King to act," Vizier teased. Two voices giggled. My eyes widened as two shadow ghosts revealed themselves to be the things holding me down.

"What the-" I began, "Do you like my pets? They are very helpful with catching disobedient students," Vizier said as the two shadow ghosts lifted me onto my feet. 'These must be the things that had pinned me against the wall when Vizier threatened to hurt Jazz,' I thought to myself.

"Come now, we must be going," Vizier said as he opened a portal.

"Yeah right like I'm going anywhere with you," I said struggling against the grips of the shadows. "It was not a request," Vizier said over his shoulder as the shadow ghosts pulled me into the portal.

Once on the other side, I saw the giant white doors of Phantom's Keep. "What... How? Fright Knight said that-"

"Whatever Clockwork's lackey told you was false. Now come, we still have much to do," Vizier said as he opened the doors and I was pulled in after him.

I quickly noticed none of the staff was around. I was lead through the main hall, through the ballroom, and up the staircase to the throne room. Vizier opened the doors to the throne room and floated in. I continued to struggle against the shadow ghosts as they pulled me into the room.

"Take him to the throne," Vizier ordered. The shadows did as they were told and dragged me to the throne, forcing me to sit in the seat. They continued to restrain me as Vizier disappeared. When Vizier reappeared, he was holding a small black box.

"You're probably wondering what this is. Allow me to show you," Vizier said as he floated up to me, an evil grin on his face. I tried as hard as I could to break free of the shadow ghosts but it was futile.

Vizier opened the box, revealing the Crown of Fire. My eyes widened, the crown looked.... different. It was no longer small and flaming. The crown was slightly larger and was now black. It glowed with a white fire and the crown itself looked to be made of black thorns. I could sense it's power. It felt.... dark.

I tried to back away to no avail. Vizier raised the crown and placed it on my head. I instantly felt the energy course through me, extending it's power throughout my entire being. I felt cold, but warm. The energy pulsed from my core. The crown blazed with white fire. My eyes glowed green with new energy.

The shadow ghosts released me and I stood up from my seat on my throne. "How do you feel Prince Phantom?" Vizier asked.

I grinned as I felt two of my teeth form into bright white fangs, "Powerful. And from now on Vizier, call me King Phantom."

A/N: Dun dun duuuuuuun. Ooooh what a cliffhanger. Bet you're wondering what happens next. Me too! Bye now *runs away*