Chapter.14

Flashback..
Emilie Agreste pov..

"GOD DAMMIT!! You worthless piece of shit! You can't do anything right!" I hear a thud and a loud scream upstairs.
I quickly get up from the couch and set my coffee down, did the boys fight again? Where did Félix learn that horrid language? I kept thinking as I walked up the steps and into their room, I opened the door and saw Adrien on the floor getting up. Felix stood there in anger..

"W-What happened here? Felix what did you do? Adrien?" I bent down and sat next to Adrien who didn't want to face his own mother, and I wondered why..

"Your husband told Adrien to deliver a package that was really important to his job, but Adrien lost it at school like the retarded kid he is. Why did that old man even give the task to Adrien?" Félix crosses his arm.

"Honey.. there's no reason for you to call your brother names.. it was a mistake, I'm sure it's at school we can go pick it up." I got up from the floor.

"The school is closed, mom, it's already eight o clock.." Felix says. I looked at the clock, oh my, how long was I sitting on the couch for?

"Then.. we will pick it up in the morning."

"YOUR HUSBAND NEEDS IT BY TONIGHT! What part of that don't you understand mom? Jesus Christ.." Felix kicks the bed, I flinched at the movement. My sweat was cold as I held onto my skirt.

"... I'll go apologize to him at his job.. Felix, please take care of Adrien." I say, with a gentle smile.
As I was about to walk out I felt someone grab my ankle, I turned over and to see Adrien.. he was looking at the floor, I could only see the top of his head at this moment.

"..don't go mom.. it's my fault, I don't want you to get hurt again, for my mistake, mommy just please stay here.. your sick, your sick mom!" Adrien then looks up at me, his face in tears, I didn't know a 11 year old boy could cry like that.

"WHAT PART OF SICK! Don't you understand! Do you like getting hurt!! Mom! I hate dad! I hate him! I hate him so much! Why does he do this to you.." Adrien let's go of me, now crying on the floor.

"Mom. We will deal with the old man when he gets home, you go rest." Félix turns away. "We will deal with it."

My eyes start to water, how did things come to this? I fell in love, met the man I thought I knew and had Felix. His father died, and I married someone else, someone I also thought I knew and had Adrien.. and now I can't even take care of my crying kids.
"I-I'm sorry..." I walk out of the door and close it.
I then ran outside of the house, the weather was blistering cold and the wind stung my face, but it felt like a punishment for me. My punishment was to suffer, I couldn't take care of my kids... and now they beg for me to not do anything, they are better off without me. All I do is stare at a blank tv screen, my hallucinations go out of hand and I can't even make a proper meal for my kids without even forgetting that I'm doing it. I'm a mess...

I'm a complete fucked up mess. And my kids knew it too...

Adrien pov. Age 11.

"I think I shouldn't have said anything to mom. She should have gone to the job and see dad." I stare at the ceiling blankly.

"You said what you wanted to say. I think that's enough. She will be okay, she's probably just resting down stairs." Félix says as he does his homework.

"I'm getting her something to eat. Be right back." I get up from the floor and go down the stairs, I turn to face the living room but don't see mom in sight.

Weird.

I then walked in her room, nothing.. I walked to the bathrooms and even the laundry room, nothing..
I ran back upstairs to Felix. "Mom isn't here.." I gulped.

"What do you mean she isn't here? Mom can't even survive out there in the cold."

"She's not here! In this house!" I yelled. Felix gets up and goes down the stairs with me. He's shocked too.

"She didn't listen to us, maybe she went to see that old man after all." Félix sits on the couch, the spot where mom always was, the morning, afternoon, and right before bed.
"Still warm." He says.

I scratched my head. "Maybe we should go find her.. or.. call dad." I say.

"Then he would be wondering why mom would want to go to his job. They both will probably be back in a hour or so.."  Felix goes back upstairs.
"Don't worry too much of it."

I shook my head, something was off and I knew my mother wouldn't just leave. Unless she was really worried and just left.

Hours later...

The door opened and I hear key jingles. I get up from the floor of Felix's room and rush down the stairs, it was only father...
"Father–"

"Where's your mother." He says coldly, not even looking right at his sons eyes. I cross my arms, the cold feeling around my father is so bittering I had to hug myself just to stop the hairs on my arm from stinging up.

"I.. thought she went to your job, we couldn't find her in the house.." I look down at my shoes, it was the only thing I felt like I could look at while with my father.

"This is outrageous, your mother is utterly sick. How dare she leave without my permission. Go find her, you and your brother." Father says he sets his keys on the table. But I didn't say anything, if mother wasn't at his job, then where in the world could she have gone?
Just then, Felix comes down the stairs, Felix's expression was as cold as fathers.

"Go find your useless mother." Father said, I clung to Felix's arm.
Felix looks at me, I knew exactly what he was saying without even talking.

"You need to come and help find your wife. And not be some USELESS husband who can't even take the time to care for your own wife and kid." Felix snaps. I shiver and wished he hadn't said anything.

"You think talking to me like that will make you seem like a bigger person? Well guess what. Don't come back to this house without your mother! NO WORDS!" Fathers voice was loud, it even made Felix jump a little. It was a type of voice that made you wanna cry without saying anything, I just felt like crying even when the words were of Felix.

"Fine." Felix goes back upstairs, and drags me with him.

"W-What are we doing? Shouldn't we find mother–"

"Change of plans Adrien. We're leaving this hell hole. Pack some of your things in this bag. Because you won't be seeing your father anymore." Felix grabs his own bag and started putting things he thought was useful.

I looked at my own empty blue bag, never seeing father again? Not ever seeing mother again?

I felt like my life was falling apart.