Cold Water (Cover) - Connor Maynard & Alex Aiono

"Listen to the music of the moment people, dance and sing

We're just one big family

And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved loved love love" you mumbled, swinging gently as the song played through the radio. You had gotten up, specifically before everyone else, as you as loved the quiet early morning in your home town.

Sipping on the warm coffee, you sat surrounded by cushions, all of dazzling colours and unique patterns, something your eccentric mother has chosen. The sun waved to you on the horizon as it shyly poked its head up. Yawning, you took a larger gulp of your coffee, trying to kick start your brain.

"I've been thinking." A voice suddenly broke the silence and you looked at Dan as he rose from the sheets, you swung legs over the side of the window seat, and licked your lips, putting down your coffee cup.

"yeah?" you asked, swallowing.

"maybe you should talk to Izzabella." You cringed, and he noticed, peeling the sheets off and walking over in his boxers, he wrapped his arms around your soft neck and brought you into a welcomed hug.

"Why?" you groaned, you were hoping he wouldn't question it, and just let it be, but of course after your angry out burst, he wouldn't.

"Because she obviously has something to say, and she looked pretty distraught when she saw you." he sighed, rubbing your back.

"I don't know..." you whispered and Dan pulled back, much to your displeasure.

"Just think about it, okay?" he smiled and you nodded,

"sure."

You had done, exactly as Dan had said, and all you did was think about Izzabella, and you knew Dan was right, and in the back of your mind, you had secretly known it was bound to happen. Scrolling through your old phone, the one that used to be bombarded with cruel, demeaning messages, you found Izzie's number. Hoping she'd still have that number, and not a different one, you thumbed it. Your screen lit up and the loud ringing echoed from your speaker. You waited.

One ring.

Two rings

Three rings.

Four.

You were starting to think she wouldn't pick up, and just ignore you, but then a soft click and-

"(Name)" her voice was breathless, like she'd just been running.

"Hi..." you trailed off

"Are you going to let me explain?" she asked, like she knew what you were calling for, and she did.

"I guess," you bit your lip "but in person Izzabella." You heard a thick swallow over the line and then she hung up, and you frowned, before the soft vibration of a text message.

"Meet me in the park, by Costa, at 3 xx" you sighed,

Were you really going to do this?

What if it was a lie and Izzabella was just planning to hurt you again?

There was only one way to find out...