TWENTY THREE

Gangsta's Paradise

Angelina

My eyes fluttered open to see a figure looming over me, I smiled slightly still in and out of consciousness.

"Kol?" I grinned up at the figure but the blurriness wouldn't fade, everything was spinning. "No my love, it's Irena." The blurriness faded and it was indeed the auburn haired girl from before. I tried to sit up but my eyes widened at the restrictions on me. Then everything came back to me, my pounding head was from the beating not because of the drug they keep giving me.

"I'm so sorry about what Lance did to you, I've never seen him like that." She admitted with a grimace on her face. I felt sorry for Irena but Lance I despised more than anything. He deserved death for what he did to me.

"I think the witches would have treated me better." My voice was hoarse and groggy from the sleep, my eyes flickered around the room trying to see any sign of Lance but there was none. Not a trace of him.

"Where is he?" I furrowed my eyebrows, oh how I longed for Kol to come rushing through those doors.

"H-He's gone to require the witches, or so he said." She sighed whilst loosening the restrictions while her husband was not present. "Why do you love him if he treats you like that?" I asked with curiosity, it completely baffled me.

"He wasn't always like that, before we married he had a lot of wealth but he lost it all as soon as we were wed. He began to resent me and my family ever since after that but he never brought himself to divorce me." She sighed. I suppose if they cleaned up a lot they would both be an attractive couple. Irena would be pretty if she took a little care in her appearance.

"The curse has drove him to insanity, it's what it does. If we don't lift the curse soon they'll be no bringing him back." She finally added before bursting into a pit of sobs. I almost pitied her but what they had done to me, she would have to do a lot for me to be forgiven.

"Irena, please. Please let me go, if you let me die. I can assure you, your life without the curse will not be long. There's too many people who would want you dead, and your family." I warned, Irena looked at me with the sad eyes she had kept giving me.

"The Mikaelson's. Right now are looking for me and if they catch you, I wouldn't be able to save you. You're a good person, Irena but please don't let the witches get me." I pleaded even having a few tears trickle down my cheeks.

"There's only one thing I can do to help you, but I will have nothing to do with it. Lance must never find out." She begged before I nodded profusely. She told me her plan and I could not help admire the girl in front of me.

-

I opened my eyes again looking around my surroundings, I was still stuck in this god forsaken warehouse strapped to a table. My body ached from being beaten to a pulp, I was sure I had broken a few ribs. The heavy doors opened and Lance stormed back in with a determined look on his face. He reached the table with his amber eyes prominent once again. He raised his hand once again and backhanded me again, I used all my mental strength not to bite back but I would rather not get another beating.

"Lance! You're back, where are the witches?" Irena awoke from the chair she had slept on for a few hours.

"They're removing the curse, I said they couldn't have the girl until the curse was gone." He said proudly, Irena gasped but a huge smile eventually crept to her lips. She wrapped her arms around Lance's huge frame at which a small smile came to Lance's lips. I didn't think that was possible.

The heavy door swung open once again and a group of witches stormed in with an evil glint in their eyes. I squirmed under my restraints, screaming for anyone to help.