THIRTEEN

Caffeine Cold

Angelina

"I hate road trips," Rebekah whined. Five of us in the Range Rover sport. I was sat between Kol and Rebekah since Elijah had called shot gun. The tension was thick from Kol's hatred towards Rebekah which surely must be solved in a couple hundred years.

"I hate when your sister doesn't tell you that your true love was alive for a thousand years," Kol sarcastically remarks, I see Klaus roll his eyes in the rear mirror then locking eyes with me. I smile before staring down at my phone which had been given back to me for one hour a day. I was under strict rules living with the Mikaelson's and I could not wait to be in Mystic Falls for a day or two. Klaus reluctantly let me visit as long as my friends 'behaved' and did not conspire to kill him.

"I hate when your whining sister and stubborn brother won't shut up for a road trip," Niklaus laughs but it wasn't a genuine laugh it was more of a "Shut the fuck up now, or I'll dagger you both." laugh but I chose not to think about it.

"I hate when your hybrid, bastard brother is breathing in the same car as you," Kol challenged with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I hate when your dick of a brother begs for a werewolf bite," Klaus finished everyone else and remained with a smirk on his face from the look on Kol's face when Klaus mentioned giving him a werewolf bite, the smirk Kol once had was now long gone.

I was reading old messages sent between Damon and I, tearing up slightly at some of the good ones and some of the arguments I rolled my eyes at. I didn't realise how much I would miss Damon until I had to leave his side. I slid my phone back into my pocket to see that Kol was reading Damon and I's old messages.

"Did you mother never teach you that reading people's messages was rude, Kol?" I asked with a raised brow, and he scoffed in response. "In my day, darling, we had no technology." He responded before turning away looking out the window.

"It's been ages since we last were in Mystic Falls. Nik, please tell me we are going to have some fun?" Kol was still staring out of the window, his head leaning on the glass and his breath fogging up the window.

"We're going so little saffron can visit her family and friends, brother. Not so you can sleep with the town." Klaus disregarded Kol.

"I'm pretty sure we're also going back so dear brother here can go visit that blonde." Rebekah smiled at her brother through the rear mirror but he just glared daggers at her.

"Caroline?" I gasped, I did not know that Klaus and Caroline had a thing going on. Not that Caroline and I had the strongest of friendship and it seemed neither did Elena and I but Caroline and Klaus? That's something I'll believe when I see it.

"Rebekah, you are lucky I did not bring a dagger otherwise I would have you daggered for the rest of the car ride,"  Klaus sneered.

"Now, now, brother. Calm down or I'll drive and Angelina can sit in the front." Elijah finally spoke up and I smiled as Klaus had now piped down. This was the longest car ride of my life.

-

"Welcome to Mystic Falls, Virginia." I read aloud as we drove past the sign passing the borders into the small town that wasn't on the maps of America unless you bought a map of Virginia.

"So do we drop you off at the Salvatore boarding house or your parent's house?" Klaus asked as we drove further into town. I smiled at the thought of seeing the Salvatore's and Jacob again. "The Salvatore's please, Niklaus." I smiled at seeing them again but I was also nervous, I hoped that Damon wouldn't try anything again. Minutes felt like hours as we drove into the familiar drive that is the Salvatore's.