NINE

We'll Be Coming Back

Angelina

"Run and your life will be at the hands of the witches, and I can assure you, love. It will be more painful than what I would do to you when I find you again." Klaus' voice rang out from behind me as I stare at the front yard.

"I wasn't going to run, I just need to breathe." I sighed, turning around to face Klaus with my sad eyes. "Trust me, love. I'd let you walk around New Orleans but I'd rather not risk your life so you can watch poor saxophone playing and barely dressed women wander around." He says with a smile.

"We're in New Orleans? Louisiana?" I gasped. Klaus nodded with a slight smile on his face. "I heard you shouting at Kol, I hope all is well." He patted my back comfortingly.

"Just uncovered some old memories that's all," I shrugged off the memories and held back the tears prickling my eyes at all the deaths that have been at my fault; Mason, Jacob and Mitch. Probably so much more and more to come.

"You may be an angel, and have the purest soul, Angelina. But that doesn't stop you from having dark secrets. Every angel must have their flaw, that's what makes them perfection," He spoke with truth and sincerity, a side of Klaus I had grown to quite like.

"I am far from perfection, Klaus. I just happen to have a perfect label stuck on me." I sighed before shutting the door not wanting to look outside anymore. Klaus still stood over my shoulder, I could feel his breath on my neck making the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

"You believe that? You believe that you are not worthy of being an angel, a Saffron Girl? Angelina Knight, I have watched over you for the past eighteen years of your life. I've had people look out for you when in danger, I've followed you around for nearly two decades. Of course Damon did most of it for me without knowing but he couldn't suffocate you all the time. I know who you are and what you are like and there is not a single bad bone in your body. You are an angel in more ways than you know and you are most and truly a Saffron Girl at heart, love." Klaus' empowering speech knocked sense into me. It made me feel confident, my self esteem had a raised by a million.

"Niklaus, a word?" Elijah stood at the top of the staircase with a stern look on his face and his arms crossed, Klaus smiled before sauntering up the stairs to follow Elijah. I wandered off to find Rebekah or anyone who was living here. I had seen random people wandering around this mansion but I did not know why they were here or who they were but I didn't feel the need to converse with them.

"Angel, look I'm sorry." I whipped around to be faced with Kol with a solemn look on his face. I was willing to forgive him but I was still raw from the memories that had been brought back to the surface. I smiled weakly, not wanting Kol to ignore me again but every time someone brings up Elizabeth or my necklace he becomes agitated.

"You remind me of her, you know?" He broke the silence as we stood a separate ends of the corridor staring at each other but not daring to move.

"Of Elizabeth?" I warily asked, I never wanted to bring her up if he was around. I could ever talk about her in the safety of my room with Rebekah.

"Yes, she was just like you. Intelligent, strong and beautiful. I don't hand out compliments lightly either, Angel." He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"W-what was she like?" I stammered, trying not to push his buttons. He froze for a moment but then gestured me to follow him back to his room, I reluctantly agreed and followed closely behind him. Shutting the door behind me, I went and sat on his bed trying to get myself comfortable and not all tense and uptight.

"Well she was really short. Like 5"3. She was mesmerising, like if you looked at her you would stop in your tracks because she was captivating. Blonde with emerald green eyes and a smile that would light up your whole world. Her laugh was so goofy and adorable it would make my heart melt." He said with sadness to his voice. I felt bad for him but I was intrigued to know about my paternal ancestors.