"Be—because you saw her first."

Yuvan snorted. "So I have claim over Kiranya? Stop being so damn idiotic and righteous. And — and seeing her first doesn't matter," his voice ended in a whisper. I glanced at him to see him looking down at his lap, a small hopeless smile on his.

"Say Varun," he said, "have you noticed the way she looks at you?"

Brilliantly, I pointed at myself. "Me? Uh, yeah. She has those fire balls choking in her corpse eyes that screams 'can I kill him already?'"

He barked out a laugh. "Yeah, occasionally that too," he wheezed out but sobered up. He patted my shoulder and I don't know why, but my throat got lumpy. "But I've noticed. She looks at you like how I look at her."

And for once, I had no words to spare.

*

*

*

"YES!" a round of cheers went across our team as Yuvan managed to catch the ball. If we manage to get another wicket, we'd win this thing and boo at the seniors.

Everyone ruffled and thumped his head while Yuvan pumped his fist in the air.

"We good?" I asked once everyone dispatched to their positions. Yuvan looked at me with a rare smile. "If we aren't, you'd be in the hospital now."

And wow, the next minute showed me that Fate and Karma worked together and that too, really fast.

*

*

*

"IT HURTS LIKE A BITCH!"

"Stop being such a whinny sissy," Sourav muttered.

I know you guys must be wondering what was happening. Well, right after Yuvan made an emotional reply for my 'we good?' question, a ball had come his way again. Only this time, he had to run a little backwards and he kind of slipped right at the end of the ground. Oh, and did I mention? The cricket ground was situated on a tiny slope which was like was a hundred steps (of stairs) high and he might have ended up rolling down the slope, breaking through the flimsy fence.

Result: He looks like he had been used as Bruce Lee's punching bag, sporting a sprained ankle and bloody scratches all over his visible skin.

I had suggested to cycle him to the town's biggest hospital. The conversation went something along the lines,

Me: I'd take him to the hospital.

Concerned classmates and (surprisingly) seniors: How?

Me: Uh... I'd take him there in my bicycle. I'll pedal it while Ravi and Mohammed will push it.

Sourav (the seniors' team's captain): Seriously?

Me: Yeah.

In the end, Sourav who had a car offered to take us to the hospital since he's a 'good hearted' senior who looks after his mates. Well, it saved me extra exercising time.

"MOTHERF—!" Yuvan shouted as the nurse cleaned his wounds with alcohol.

"Mother?" the older boy laughed mockingly and Yuvan coughed.

"Father, sister, brother... doggy."

"Nice cover-up," I snickered.

With further colourful words which were no where as decent as 'mother and father,' Yuvan was bandaged up and ready to leave. His father came to pick him up but didn't leave before he wasted ten minutes of my life by scolding us. Luckily Sourav had escaped before Yuvan's dad arrived.

"You sure you don't want to come?" Yuvan asked once he was snuggly lying in the backseat.

"Double sure," I said shooting him a thumbs up.

I seriously can't survive another ten minutes of mindless 'parent talk.'

"Suit yourself," he hissed giving me the 'you traitor' look before he signalled his father to start the car.

I waved as I stepped back.

Now, off to home.

My home was about a twenty minutes walk from the hospital and cursing my idiocy when I declined Sourav's offer to take me home, I called my dad and asked him to pick me up.

Hands in my pockets, I decided to take a stroll in the surrounding garden as I waited for my dad to come. Whistling some tune, I walked but froze after about twenty steps when I saw a familiar figure hunched on the ground, in front of a small tree.

"Kiranya?" I called but she didn't respond.

I took a few steps towards her but halted when I noticed the tremors shaking her body. A sense of dread filled the pit of my stomach and quietly, I walked around, safely out of sight.

And though I kind of knew what Kiranya was doing, it felt like someone had knocked the air out of my system as I looked helplessly at Kiranya, who was crying broken sobs, her hands clutching something that looked like a locket.

~✩~✩✩~✩~

A sort of filler chapter (but God bless, I love these guys hehe) but kind of important.

What do you think of this? Any theories? (I love reading those seriously).

And guys who PM me after reading each chapter, do comment your thoughts hear instead of those PMs yeah? I'm glad you guys take the time to PM me that but guys, each comment and each vote matters in maintaining the rank. I don't know if you realise that but one of the reasons why I stress voting and commenting is because they are important to maintain statistics which makes more people know about our story.

If you liked the story, do drop a vote and comment. Means a lot. Thanks for reading :)

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. LOVE.

With love,
Kavya.