He gave me an unamused look. "We don't have a bro code."

"Because bro codes are meant to be unspoken!"

He shot me the unspeakable finger and started reading the contents. "Maybe it's a significant other, friend, or other person you regularly see or spend time with but you're unsure if your relationship or friendship—"

I tackled him to the ground. He tried to shove me away but I pinned him to the ground with my legs as I tried to restrain his hands. Truth be told, lover boy just looked lanky but he was quite strong and his smaller frame made wriggling and crawling away all the more easy.

"Why the eff are you freaking out?" He hissed trying to kick me off. "It's just a stupid list!"

I jumped off of him and hurried to close the tab but he yanked my left foot making me fall on him.

"Ow! You weigh like a cow!"

"That rhymed."

"You're pathetic, you dumbass."

"And so are you, now drop that death hold, maggot!"

"Never, you... you... you bumblebee!"

"So now I'm an Autobot?"

"I was talking about the bug."

"It's actually a bee, ladybug."

"Shut up, smartass!"

We rolled over and over, me trying to get up, Yuvan trying to prevent me from doing so. As we rolled around the room, we hit the wardrobe, the coffee table and almost all the furniture in the room. And somewhere in between all those bumping and bruising, we had started laughing. That drunk hyena laugh.

"Boys!" my mom's muffled yell sounded from below. "Is everything okay up there?"

"Yes!" we shouted in unison. "Just trying to dance that Irish dance from Titanic!" I continued.

There was a moment of silence and then I heard my mom shout again. "Um... okay. Try not to drive a hole in my floor."

Yuvan smacked the back of my head and I shoved his hands only to get my ears twisted. "Why would you say that?"

"It just came out," I seethed.

"Dude, you're so lame," he muttered and got up, dusting nonexistent dust from his shorts.

"And so are you," I shot back. He looked down at me for a second before offering me his hand. I shot him a crooked grin before griping it, and he pulled me up with a grunt.

"Why so dramatic?" he asked when we had both settled down on the floor. The checklist forgotten for the moment.

"I'm into theatrics?" I suggested and I heard Yuvan sigh.

"I know you like her."

"I don't...!" I started defensively but faltered, "... know."

It was a mere whisper but Yuvan got it. I felt ashamed as I hung my head. Admitting it out loud to Yuvan felt like crushing over a brother's girlfriend. Sick and disgusting.

"It is sick and disgusting," Yuvan agreed, "but only if it's your brother's girlfriend."

"And?"

"I'm not your brother," he stated matter-of-factly, "and she isn't my girlfriend. Oh and Varun, you should stop talking out loud."

I opened my mouth to retort but nothing came out. Finally I said what had bugged me the most. "You don't sound mad."

"Why should I?" he asked.